Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Live Mail

• Please log in to reply

Gemius

Gemius

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
About a monthe ago I posted a message regarding Windows Mail. It would only open once! I then had to log off and on to get it to open again. At the same time whenever I deleted a file or renamed it the progress bar box wouldn't close down although the deletion/renaming took place. Eventually I wiped the hard disk and started again. Everything was fine for a month but now exactly the same thing has started again. In the meantime I switched to Windows Live Mail in the hope it would be more robust but now Live Mail won't open at all ( I just get the blue box which won't close down) and Windows Mail, which I kept, will only open once unless I log off and on again.
I didn't receive a single reply the last time I posted this question. Has anyone any idea what could be causing this?

Advertisements

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
here are some windows mail problems and fixes

http://www.winhelpon...a/Windows-Mail/

Gemius

Gemius

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Thanks for your interest but I can't find any reference to my problems. The root of it seems to be that programs won't close down as they should. Windows Mail will only open once then I get the message 'another instance of it is running on your computer' If I delete,rename or move a file the progress bar box won't shut down. The odd one out is Windows Live Mail which won't open, although the blue box shows and sticks there.

I'm really getting fed up with this now. If I hadn't paid so much money for it I'd have chucked it a long while ago!