Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless Connection Problems

• Please log in to reply

iamwill935

iamwill935

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have Linksys wireless internet in my house. Model number wrt54g v3.1 A few days ago the router on the main computer was unplugged so now my computer receiving the wireless signal does not work. It shows it is connected and has a full signal, but when you click on Internet Explorer, the page just sits there for about fifteen seconds and then shows a "this page cannot be displayed". I'm pretty confused on what to do, since everything appears to be working just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by iamwill935, 06 July 2008 - 01:10 PM.

Advertisements

therobj

therobj

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
i also have a linksys router and find that mine does this sometimes. not sure if you have the same set up as me but just in case you do
1. take power out of router
2. take power out of modem
3. wait 30 seconds
4. plug power back into modem
5. wait for the 'ready' light to stay on
6. plug in router

after this it normally works fine for me

3quilibrium

3quilibrium

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Hello iamwill935,
Please try therobj has suggested. After doing so, go to start>run and type in cmd to bring up command prompt. In command prompt try pinging a website by doing "ping www.google.com(or any other website)" without the quotation marks and see if you can't get a response. If you don't get a response, type the following commands in one line at a time to renew your IP.

ipconfig / release
ipconfig/ renew