Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

7 Wonders Range Check error

• Please log in to reply

Calipepe

Calipepe

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello all,
I am having an issue running 7 Wonder II by Mumbo Jumbo (heck, I had the same problem with 7 Wonders I). I have Vista, and the install seems to go fine, but when I try to launch it, I get "An error occurred in the application" it asks me to continue, restar or close app. as well as send or show bug report. What I see when I view the bug report, is a "range check error."

Please help, anyone.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
It does not support windows vista. You could try turning off UAC (user account control via control panel). If that doesn't work, then it will probably not run.

Calipepe

Calipepe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
According to the box it supports Vista

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
This is from their website:
http://www.mumbojumbo.com/game/game/72

Minimum System Requirements
Windows PC:
Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP
Pentium III 1GHz Processor
256MB RAM
65MB free HD space
DirectX Compatible 16 or 32-bit Video Card with 64MB VRAM
DirectSound-compatible sound card
DirectX 8.1 or higher

Calipepe

Calipepe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Ok figured it out. 7 Wonders II is ok for Vista 32bit and I have a 64bit card. Is there anything I can do?

Illinois Mike

Illinois Mike

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Howdy,
I'm new here and I'm having the same problem as Calipepe. With a twist. I can run 7 wonders 2 on my other computer with no problem and it's Vista too but a 32 bit. That one is a download from MSN games and runs just fine. I tried the download on this computer (Vistax64) with the same results as Calipepe. I bought the CD from Mumbo Jumbo, still no luck. I really love this game and I would be mighty glad to hear from anyone with a suggestion. Thank You.♦

Debnett

Debnett

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there all. Having the same problem with this game. Is there a way to play a 32 bit game on a 64 bit system?
Let me know.