Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Simple Network Question

• Please log in to reply

dquack

dquack

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all please bear with me because this is all new to me. I am currently deployed to Iraq and we have satellite broadband over here with 27 users on our dish. I was wondering if anyone could suggest any programs out there to watch what each IP address is using for bandwidth. This is to make sure that one guy isn't using up all the bandwidth. I was also looking into a program that would allow me to monitor and throttle down someones bandwidth if they get too carried away. Thanks in advance.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by dquack, 28 April 2005 - 09:22 PM.

Advertisements

AlexR

AlexR

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hi dquack, how much were you looking to spend? That sort of kit can set you back quite a lot of money if you are looking for stand-alone hardware!

You could use a program called ccproxy on the server if you have them networked through one. Details can be found here http://www.youngzsoft.net/ccproxy/

Another program is made by SoftPerfect http://www.softperfe...dth-control.htm Again, this has to be installed on a server that is acting as the gateway between the network and the internet line.

Edited by AlexR, 29 April 2005 - 05:11 AM.