- Make sure you have an Internet Connection.
- Double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it.
- Click on the CleanUp! button
- A list of tool components used in the Cleanup of malware will be downloaded.
- If your Firewall or Real Time protection attempts to block OtMoveit2 to rech the Internet, please allow the application to do so.
- Click Yes to beging the Cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
- You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.
Now we need to create a new System Restore point.
Click Start Menu > Run > type (or copy and paste)
Press OK. Choose Create a Restore Point then click Next. Name it and click Create, when the confirmation screen shows the restore point has been created click Close.
Next goto Start Menu > Run > type
Click OK, Disk Cleanup will open and start calculating the amount of space that can be freed, Once thats finished it will open the Disk Cleanup options screen, click the More Options tab then click Clean up on the system restore area and choose Yes at the confirmation window which will remove all the restore points except the one we just created.
To close Disk Cleanup and remove the Temporary Internet Files detected in the initial scan click OK then choose Yes on the confirmation window.
Below I have included a number of recommendations for how to protect your computer against malware infections.
* Keep Windows updated by regularly checking their website at :
This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer.
* To reduce re-infection for malware in the future, I strongly recommend installing these free programs:
SpywareBlaster protects against bad ActiveX
IE-SPYAD puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all
Have a look at this tutorial for IE-Spyad here
* SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts. Make sure you are only running one real-time anti-spyware protection program or there will be a conflict.
Make Internet Explorer more secure
- Click Start > Run
- Type Inetcpl.cpl & click OK
- Click on the Security tab
- Click Reset all zones to default level
- Make sure the Internet Zone is selected & Click Custom level
- In the ActiveX section, set the first two options ("Download signed and unsigned ActiveX controls) to "Prompt", and ("Initialize and Script ActiveX controls not marked as safe") to "Disable".
- Next Click OK, then Apply button and then OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
* MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well known ad sites and other bad sites. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer, meaning it will be difficult to infect yourself in the future.
* Please consider using an alternate browser. Mozilla's Firefox browser is fantastic; it is much more
secure than Internet Explorer, immune to almost all known browser hijackers, and also has the best built-in pop up
blocker (as an added benefit!) that I have ever seen. If you are interested, Firefox may be downloaded from
* Take a good look at the following suggestions for malware prevention by reading Tony Kleins article 'How Did I Get Infected In The First Place'
Thank you for your patience, and performing all of the procedures requested.