Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problems with connecting to external intranet through wireless router

• Please log in to reply

therobj

therobj

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
so i recently moved back home and plugged my wireless router into my modem creating a wireless network. The computer that was originally plugged into the modem is now plugged into the router while my computer upstairs is the only one connecting wirelessly.

It all seemed to be working fine until my dad attempted to connect to his work's intranet and was unable to connect to it while plugged into the router because of some kind of proxy problem.

Is there a way to resolve this perhaps adjusting the settings for my router? I have a linksys router if that information is useful.

let me know if you can help or need any more info. ta!

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
How does your dad connect to his work's Intranet?
It's probably something small as the application that he uses is being blocked by the router.
If you can tell me what application he is using and an ipconfig/all (explained below) of the PC your dad will be using to connect.

Ipconfig /all steps, please follow them exactly as written.
  • Go to Start -> Run.
  • In the Box, type in "cmd".
  • A black box will appear. Type in: "ipconfig /all".
  • A lot of information will appear, Please right click the black window and hit mark.
  • Select every line of text you recieved and hit "enter" to copy.
  • Then paste it into your next reply.

Regards,
Olrik