Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox issues

• Please log in to reply

andrewreturned

andrewreturned

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
When I set up tabs on the browser and I switch from one to the other, the browser automatically refreshes the page. This problem is bad when your in a chat room because when you switch back to the tab, it cuts you out and relogs you in. It's annoying for anyone else in the chat room. Separate windows are fine though. I also have this problem with saving log on information. When I command that a page remembers my name and logs me in, it won't. I'll have to re-log in after every time I close the browser. My cookies are on.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Not sure how to help on this one even though I use Firefox. Never had that problem you mentioned above.

1) What version Firefox?

2) Have you tried running Firefox in its Safe Mode and see if it still happens?

3) Have you tried disabling your add-ons one by one until you find out whether it is or isn't caused by an add-on?

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 08 July 2008 - 02:10 AM.