Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with Hotmail, and MSN features...

• Please log in to reply

WessThompson

WessThompson

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey folks. For some reason when I try to go to hotmail...the page comes up blank.
I then have to go and delete my cookies....go back to hotmail...then type in my e-mail address and password. The page comes up blank AGAIN...then I go to hotmail a third time, and voila...I'm in. This is a HUGE pain...and I'm not sure why it happens everytime.

Aside from this, and I am sure this stems from the same problem. When I am using MSN, and try to use a feature...such as editing my profile...I get a completely blank page...with "https://loginnet.pas...th.srf?lc=1033" in the address bar.

When I try to look at someones photo's in their contact card...I also get a blank page yet again...with "https://loginnet.pas...th.srf?lc=1033" in the address bar. I am assuming this is a login page for msn...but I have it set up so I should not have to log in to access any other pages.

I saw someone else had a thread with this same problem. I was wondering if you guys helped him to solve it. If you can help, I'll gladly go through the process of creating a log etc. I just don't want to waste your time, or mine if this problem can't be fixed using the hijack this method.

Please let me know...thanks very much for your time.

Wess

Advertisements

marinegeek59

marinegeek59

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
hey wess hows it going bro, r u using firefox webbrowser, if so ff wont work in msn anymore its a activeX thing, if your using ie.6 go to contol panel/internet /options/securitycheck custum level...scroll down making sure that axtiveX is enabled...as well as active scripting is enabled...let me know if it works after that cheers :tazz: keep fighting the good fight

WessThompson

WessThompson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hey bud, how goes it?! No, I'm not using FireFox. I use IE 6.0
I have the active-X settings just as you suggested. So that's not the problem.
I've heard of this problem before, and seems to me the things all of those people had in common that I noticed...all used IE 6.0, had Norton Internet Security Professional, and Windows XP. Not sure if it's a conflict of sorts between these programs!? Any other suggestions!? Thanks for your time and help.

P.S. did you know I was military!?

Wess

marinegeek59

marinegeek59

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
hey wess, thats cool a fellow brother in arms,i just finished my second tour in iraq hopfully my last im getting way to old what about you you been eating sand lately? as for your prob, have u updated to sp2 for windows because you now need that update to vist some sites(msn yahoo)are you using a locked hosts file if so go in and look to make sure that the web sites are not listed in there.also check your firewall (if you r using one) to make sure that its not in conflict with your ie web browser.beyond that,i will have a chat with a buddie of mine he is a supernovegeek(he is x tanker from el paso i think)he has told me about a d.ll conflict with winxp and some aspects of nortons. try to browse the web sites that u r having probs with , but with nortons turned off, just to see if that is the root cause :tazz: cheers dude keep fighting the good fight

GIX

GIX

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Wess..........thanks for the email.......well in truth i chickened out and i just re-installed explorer........i tired everything else and came up empty...sorry i couldn't help...........GIX