Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Display Issue

• Please log in to reply

samooryesord

samooryesord

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I recently reformatted my computer and reinstalled all my drivers and such, but for some reason my graphics drivers seem to mess with my display. Before I reformatted everything worked perfectly fine. Since then I changed nothing. Same monitor and same graphics card. I was told to download the Nvidia 7 Series drivers for 32 bit Windows XP. So I did, and BAM everything is all messed up! My normal Resolution is 1440x900. I have a 19" Westinghouse LCD Widescreen.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I tried using a custom resolution in the nvidia control panel but that does nothing. All the resolutions are weird.

Posted Image

If anyone knows how I can solve this please get back to me or Email me at samooryesord@yahoo.com

I will also attach my dxdiag file

Attached Files

Edited by samooryesord, 08 July 2008 - 11:15 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Your resolution is listed there - 900 x 1440. 900 pixels high by 1440 pixels wide. Assuming the first grab is from before you wiped it, the same option is offered to you again on the new installation.

samooryesord

samooryesord

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Your resolution is listed there - 900 x 1440. 900 pixels high by 1440 pixels wide. Assuming the first grab is from before you wiped it, the same option is offered to you again on the new installation.

That's not right. Its Width by Height not height by width. So the bigger number should be first. 1440x900. Thats how its always been for me. Thats what it was before i reformatted also. when i change to 900x1440 it goes to 600x800...cause its 1440x900, not the other way around. :\

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
have you tried installing a driver for the monitor?

samooryesord

samooryesord

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No my monitor is plug and play. I checked and it has no drivers. came with no CD that would have that and I checked the manufacturers website and they don't have any drivers for any of the monitors they make. Its weird though when I check my monitor in display is says "default monitor" before it said "plug and play" could this have anything do to with it? maybe when I reformatted and started up xp again with this monitor it messed something up.. I dunno thats a long shot but whatever. I'm getting a new graphics card today to see if that fixes the problem. Since when I install my current cards drivers it messes up.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
yeah possibly that is why I asked I noticed it said default monitor... try going to safe mode then device manager... remove display and restart... if that doesn't work go to safe mode and device manager and remove both display and video drivers and restart and reinstall the drivers...

samooryesord

samooryesord

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
How to I go into safe mode? I'm kinda new to windows =p My main computer is a mac =x

Nvm I got that, but when i start in safe mode my monitor isn't listed in device manager.. It's pretty much saying I don't even have one.. But when I check my display it says "Default Monitor" I tried to uninstall my graphics drivers in safe mode then reinstalling them after but, that didn't do anything. I'm getting really worried i'm going to have to pay someone to fix this.. :\

If the video card i'm getting today, newegg.com, doesn't fix the problem i'm going to be very very sad :\

Edited by samooryesord, 09 July 2008 - 01:29 PM.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
usually when you install a new video it then "installs" the monitor.... that is unusual that yours doesn't

good luck maybe the new card will get it to redetect the video