Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is wrong with my browser?

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
Well, not all ..... but you'll see once I have posted the images here. I can't, however, do it from this computer for some reason so I'll have to do it from home.

I am posting what they look like and what they should look like

Geeks to Go

Posted Image

Posted Image

HPS Simulations

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yahoo

Posted Image

Posted Image

IMDB

Posted Image

Posted Image

So, what the heck happened here? Thanks for looking everyone and helping where you can!

Edited by moondog830, 08 July 2008 - 06:10 PM.

Advertisements

ShortGirl2

ShortGirl2

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Is it only your browser that is black & white??

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
moondog830,

Does everything else look fine?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If it's black and white in multiple browsers, then it's not a browser problem. Check your color settings via Display Utility in Control Panel. Also, could be a problem with video card, bad driver or bad video cable. All guesses. :)

Ron

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
I have added pictures above so you know what I'm talking about .... it's not just black and white ... it's like ....... I don't know ....... parts of code is missing or something.

dog

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
What browser are you using and have you tried other browsers and had the same problem? We need feedback from our suggestions so we know what has been tried or not tried (post #4).

Ron

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello moondog830...

Do you see the dancing figure about half way down the page HERE?

wannabe1

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

moondog830,

Does everything else look fine?

Yes, however, on some pages .... the pages don't look to have loaded all the way.

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
Yes it is only the browser ..... actually both IE and FireFox have this going on!

Is it only your browser that is black & white??

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
As you can see by the pictures, it is not just black and white .... as blue shows up as well as SOME of the images.

A bit more explanation is needed ... this is my sister-in-law's monitor and I go to her house to download game demos and program demos to look at. It took me until now to get home and start answering these questions. She lives 25 miles away and we also had shopping to do. So sorry I didn't get back sooner.

Mark (dog)

If it's black and white in multiple browsers, then it's not a browser problem. Check your color settings via Display Utility in Control Panel. Also, could be a problem with video card, bad driver or bad video cable. All guesses. :)

Ron

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
Hi wannabe1,
the problem being on my sister-in-law's computer, I can't answer this question at the moment, but heck, I can't even see it on MY computer that I'm currently on now, and I'm not HAVING problems :)

dog

Hello moondog830...

Do you see the dancing figure about half way down the page HERE?

wannabe1

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Try pressing Left ALT Shift Printscreen.

Edited by tuxmaster, 08 July 2008 - 11:45 PM.

Decepticon

Decepticon

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I don't think that is a monitor or GFX card issue as it is not B&W. I had a similar issue when my internet connection was acting wonky. Pages took forever to load and looked like a stripped down version of whatever page I was attempting to connect to. Try clearing your DNS cache:

Open Start Menu
Click RUN
type 'command' (without quotes)
in the DOS window type 'ipconfig /flushdns' (again without quotes)

Restart your machine, restart your cable/dsl modem and Router if you have one. Then see if it does the same thing.

Edited by Decepticon, 09 July 2008 - 10:25 AM.