Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I think I have a Graphics Issue

• Please log in to reply

cybersnoozer

cybersnoozer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello
This is my first post. I have recently reformatted my harddrive and am trying to play a few games with limited success. It seems some games I load on to the harddrive they appear to work. The trailers and movie clips play etc but when it gets to the actual main screen where one selects their game options and start game etc etc the screen goes black but I can hear the game sounds in the background so I assume the game is playing and I have some sort of Graphics Card issue. Some of these games have worked on my previous install which has me thinking why they wont go this time round. I went out today and bought three more new one to test and i got 2 out of three games to work. I have a nvidia geforce 2 mx 400 4x agp slot with 64mb ram, which is about the oldest thing in my box, I have presumably after 33.mb of painfully slow 56k downloading updated to the latest drivers to no effect. Can anyone help me out here I am stumped !! The black screen must go :tazz: ;)

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Try getting all the latest MS updates including directX

Rick

cybersnoozer

cybersnoozer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have the latest direct x and other drivers etc. I borrowed 1 gig of ram and a radeon 256 mb video card and the games worked then no probs. But unfortunately I had to give them back. So still wondering what the geforces problem is, anyone have any idea. Just starts game as normal plays the advertising and intro but when it gets to actual game it is all black screen with just music in the background. The card is compatible with all the games i am trying to play any help anyone please ??