Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 Problems in vista

• Please log in to reply

thakid

thakid

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Ok a ) I have ddr2 ram 2 gb sticks and 2 of them now for w/e reason it is reading 3.5 is this a error in the reading or something bigger ?

and the cam I have is a microsoft life cam 1.4 it is vx or nx 3000 I forget which ( sorry ) well the driver download I did to fix the issue of it saying " no driver is found " did not work I tried uninstalling and re-installing and still nothing .... I have no ideas left please HELP

Advertisements

Decepticon

Decepticon

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Are you running Vista 32bit edition? If so, this is a limitation in the Operating System. 4gb is the limit as far as addressable memory, and your system devices use up a chunk of memory as well.

Read this for more info.

http://www.codinghor...ves/000811.html

Also, do a search on the Vista compatibility with that camera you have. If it is not compatible, that's probably the issue. Also, I know you probably already did this, but duoble check to make sure you are downloading a Vista compatible driver.

Edited by Decepticon, 09 July 2008 - 10:32 AM.

thakid

thakid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Well the box said it was vista compatible I believe microsoft wouldnt sell a cam for vista and it not be compatible and the package is a vista package ....

it is on this site

Download Internet Communications Software
Here's the software available for your product. Follow the link to download it.
» LifeCam 2.0 32-bit and 64-bit for Windows Vista

see it says it is for vista right out so I dont get the driver problem myself ....

Also I was off the cam is called Microsoft Life Cam VX6000 if that helps any

Edited by thakid, 09 July 2008 - 05:07 PM.