Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

SENS Keyboard V4 Launcher Malfunction

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Firstly, thanks for taking the time to read.

My problem is the 'SENS Keyboard V4 Launcher' which controls 'hot keys' on my Samsung laptop has stopped working. Last pm after installing a couple of security devices including: Threat Fire, SuperAntiSpyWare and spamFIGHTER email program, Avast! alarmed and said that a Trojan was detected as being described as: SENS keyboard Launcher.exe/ Win32downloader-BK. [Trojan]. I isolated the file (as per avast! suggestion) thinking initially that it was infected. Since then my hot keys arn't working at all. I have removed all installed components and then attempted to release the isolated SENS..... launcher. Avast! refused to let me. I deleted the contained file, system restored to 2 days ago, and attempted to reinstall SENS .....Launcher. Avast! alarms even with an attempted reinstall from factory provided disks (with the same trojan message) thus I'm presuming Avast! has got it all wrong. I've even turned Avast! off and reinstalled the SANS....Launcher with no problems but it refuses to run. Even when double clicking the .exe manually. (Nothing happens, the computer thinks momentarily then remarks: "Windows can not access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access this file".
What do I do?
Is it safe to delete the SENS....Launcher.exe file and do a clean reinstall. I'm thinking the file is corrupted, but Im concerned my keyboard will totally snuff it!
Any idea what has caused this? Trojan? I'm very sceptical. Avast! has worked trouble free for me for a looooong time. I'd hate to give it up.

Thanks again for your time.

Edited by CyberWasted, 09 July 2008 - 05:16 AM.