Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Restarts while loading/during games

• Please log in to reply

outtoxicated

outtoxicated

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Dear Geeks to Go team,

I have read all of posts I could find on this topic but have not been able to come to a solution why my computer restarts itself whenever I try to play most 3d games. It is important to note that this problem has only occurred in the last 2 months, before that the games that my computer crashes during worked perfectly (eg. HalfLife 2) I have not changed or modified any of my hardware since then so either something broke or its a software issue. My computer still oddly works fine with some games though as for example MOH - Allied Assault and while running windows or watching movies etc. there is NO problems.

Specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Processor
Asus A7V8X-X Motherboard
Sound Max Integrated Sound Card
ATI Radeon 9600 Graphics Card
512 MB RAM

Thx in advance for any help.
OuTToxicated

PS - Should this question belong in a different part of the forum I appologize and ask that a mod could please move it to the right place.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I strongly suspect that you are experiencing hw failure or a heat related issue. Use some canned air to blow out all the fans, cpu, and power supply. Why I suggest this that some games (hl2) demand more than older games like MOH.

Are you getting any specific error messages or blue screens?