Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I HAVE THE WORST VIRUS PLEASE HELPPPPP!

• Please log in to reply

joe martinez

joe martinez

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok i have been trying to get rid of this thing for weeks and now i need serious help!!.

what ever kind of virus this is its not letting me open any .exe or go on the internet.....

PLUS Control Panel and my computer and my c drive are all hidden and cannot go on to them
i have tried putting virus scanners like hijackthis, mbam, avg, spy sweeper, trend micro antivirus and such,...

also there is this thing that pops up every time i get onto my computer called "Vista Antivirus 2008" which i know i did not download.... there are more problems just little ones such as in my system tray insted of the time it says "VIRUS ALERT" the only thing related to the internet im aloud to go on is aim......

ps notepad dosnt work neither

so please, please someone help me get rid of this nasty virus

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) then post a hijackthis log in THE MALWARE FORUM forum.
(Posting HiJack This logs in any other forum other than the malware forum is forbidden. If you post an HJT log in any other forum, it will be removed and it will take you longer to get help, so please make sure you only post HJT logs in the malware forum)

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread..

joe martinez

joe martinez

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i have tried all of them but i cannot use any of the programs so i am out of luckkkkk =[ this virus is stoping me from using the internet and from using any .exe so yes please help

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
joe martinez we are unable to assist with any form of malware removal in this forum, please post your problem in the malware forum where our experts will be more than happy to assist you.

You can find the forum which is here also before you post a log please read this post here

Our experts will be able to get rid of your problem, I Know you would like to do this your-self and have tried some applications to do this but our experts can use other tools to remove the malware from your system.

I do not know what you have tried but you may want to also take a look at the list of Anti-Virus and Anti Spyware tools which are here

They can help you.

Regards

Edited by wizzy2k5, 09 July 2008 - 12:48 PM.

joe martinez

joe martinez

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i know this but i cant post in there without getting logs from hijackthis which i cant do cause of the virus i have ......i cannot open ANYTHING at all neither can i go on the internt

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you CAN post there without an HJT log...post in that forum with all the info you've given here and they will work to get you to a place where you can post a log

joe martinez

joe martinez

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
they closed the post so now what

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP