Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan-Dropper.MSWord.Agent.cn

• Please log in to reply

clueless rabbit

clueless rabbit

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone. I am new here, and you can safely assume I am completely clueless. I am so clueless that I am not even sure if it is the right place to post my problem.

1) We are NGO in Hong Kong. And recently being targeting (email attack). The sender purported to be one of our teammate ( it's easily done), the subject header in the email is also tailor made, i.e. 'financial report' was sent to the financial teammate; 'legal matter' was sent to the legal teammate. I am sure you all know how it works. And our antivirus software detect the abovementioned trojan in the attachment. It's block, and we are safe, presumably. What we cannot find out is what this particular trojan is planned to do. The internet only gives general description.

Please kindly help by teaching us what this particular trojan is?

2) Next thing is, one of our teamate's MAC cannot connect to the internet. And we ask tech people to help but all in vain. Finally we call the service provider and find out something was installed at the switch board to hack the email from one of our heads. The service provider tech person says the things that had been installed cos the Mac problem (obviously, the bad guy didnt know one of us use Mac) . That's how we find out the hacking. My question is, what's next? what should be do after finding this out?

Thank you very much. Your help is deeply appreciated, as a NGO we do not have funding to pay for expert help everytime( our money needs to be spent on the needed).

Advertisements