Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

outlook imap wont work

• Please log in to reply

mikhael

mikhael

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I was using thunderbird and it worked flawlessly. But alas i was forced to switch to outlook 2003 (needed it for my accounting software and to sync it with my phone)
Now i loaded outlook and setup the mail exactly the same as in thunderbird. Except it isn't working.

I get this error:
"The imap store could not be created This information service is not installed on your computer"
followed by
"The imap store could not be properly updated. you may want to restart outlook before proceeding"
Now, What the... does that mean? (google returned no usable results)

I also found on microsofts website the following solution:

To set the DWORD value of the NewPSTFormat registry entry to either 1 or 3, follow these steps.

Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook
3. Right-click the NewPSTFormat registry entry, and then click Modify.
4. In the Value data box, type 1 or 3, and then click OK.
5. Exit Registry Editor.

This sounded great till i found out i dont even have that regestry entry ( NewPSTFormat ) now what?

In a last ditch effort i created the key and gave it a value of 3. Still no love same message

Edited by mikhael, 09 July 2008 - 09:27 PM.

Advertisements