Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard Mayhem...

• Please log in to reply

juggalo4894

juggalo4894

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I own a compaq presario v2570nr and for some odd reason the keyboard isnt functioning properly. i have all of the proper drivers installed, upgraded bios and still most of the time when i restart my laptop it does this. the only way to get it to type correctly is to hold down the key for the plus and equal sign help please!!!!!!!

Advertisements

Decepticon

Decepticon

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
How old is the laptop? Was there anything ever spilled on the keyboard? When you say you have to hold the '=/+' key, you mean it will type normally only while you hold that key down? Or is that the only key that types correctly?

juggalo4894

juggalo4894

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
NOTHING HAS EVER BEEN SPILLED ON THE KEYBOARD EVEN IF I TRY TO USE AN EXTERNAL USB KEYBOARD IT ACTS THE SAME WAY IT HAS TO BE A SOFTWARE ISSUE AND TRY AS I MIGHT I CANT ISOLATE THE ISSUE> I"VE BEEN ALL OVER MESSAGE BOARDS AND CANT FIND A SIMILAR PROBLEM THE LAPTOP IS THREE YEARS OLD SORRY FOR THE SPURRATIC NATURE OF THE POST LOL KEYBOARD IS GETTING WORSE THANKS OH AND HOLDING IN THE PLUS EQUAL KEY IS THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE IT TYPE AND THE CAPS OCK IS STUCK ON NOW :)

Edited by juggalo4894, 11 July 2008 - 12:38 AM.

juggalo4894

juggalo4894

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
now it's working like nothing was ever wrong and all i did was reset it... this is very mind boggling

Decepticon

Decepticon

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Did you post the original message before you attempted to restart the machine? Sometimes a restart is all a machine needs....