Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Belkin Router Problem

• Please log in to reply

Confu$ed

Confu$ed

• Pip
  • 8 posts
hi

im using a belkin router and have it connected to my computer and my brothers laptop. The internet works fine but the router sometimes after 5 mins sometimes after 20 just stops working and all the lights start flashing. It has been happening when we have been playing Lan games/internet games and just browsing the internet. Any 1 have any ideas what is wrong? thx :tazz:

Advertisements

Confu$ed

Confu$ed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ermmm any help?

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
It could just be the internet connection...

hi

im using a belkin router and have it connected to my computer and my brothers laptop. The internet works fine but the router sometimes after 5 mins sometimes after 20 just stops working and all the lights start flashing. It has been happening when we have been playing Lan games/internet games and just browsing the internet. Any 1 have any ideas what is wrong?  thx  :tazz:

View Post

Confu$ed

Confu$ed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
tried it with no internet connected its not that :tazz:

Confu$ed

Confu$ed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
...... great help

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
Just the standards. Make sure the router is correctly configured. Maybe contact the Belkin support. (They probably don't no English, but still give them a try :tazz:). I've been trying to figure out your problem, since I have a Belkin router I used to use from before our house went wireless.
-Jake

Confu$ed

Confu$ed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
K ty for ur help ill try contacting them but they r all idiots and probly will keep telling me the same things :tazz:

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*

K ty for ur help ill try contacting them but they r all idiots and probly will keep telling me the same things  :tazz:

View Post

If there anything like Netgear... I had a prob with my wireless, and emailed them. My response was "compre de no. restate el please u." I guess there based in Mexico. ;)

Edited by jake6535, 01 May 2005 - 10:28 AM.

Confu$ed

Confu$ed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
lol havent got a response yet :tazz:

Edited by Confu$ed, 02 May 2005 - 04:40 AM.

Confu$ed

Confu$ed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
from Belkin lol im gonna give up

t-man

t-man

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
What if you either update the firmware from D-link/Belkins website, or go onto your routers page (EX: 192.168.0.30) that should have come with your routers setup instructions. When you get there try changing the channel that your router uses. There should be a down arrow that lets you pick a channel 1 through 12.

Hope that this works for you!