Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WORD Problems

• Please log in to reply

RUSYAZMAN

RUSYAZMAN

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
:) On a few occasions recently my PC has frozen. I'm running XP on the same computer for 4 or so years. I have Word 2002, which I have been running all that time. When I send a report to MS and check for more information, I am informed that MS Word has caused the problem and they suggest I update to a newer version of Word.

I can not believe that a program that has worked very well all these years on the same computer would all of a sudden begin to cause problems. Usually I am not a conspiracy minded person, but could I be wrong to suspect that Microsoft has a built in glitch in Word that will require the user to upgrade after a certain period of time?

I am upset about this and will not purchase another version of Word to make this problem go away. If need be, I'll use Open Office instead.

Am I wrong?

And, no, I have not recently installed any unusual programs that might conflict, as far as I can remember.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Service Packs are available for Word 2002 which may cure the problem(s) you're having.
Problems with programs can be caused by a variety of issues that generally have nothing to do with the program at all. It's more likely an issue has developed with your installation of Microsoft Windows.