Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dual Monitors at different resolutions.

• Please log in to reply

Canadian Pirate

Canadian Pirate

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I just got an Insignia 19in HDTV given to me and wanted to use it as a second monitor on my system (It has a VGA input on it). I have attempted to set it up using both Windows XP display settings and the NVIDIA Control Panel to no avail. What I want to do is run the second monitor at a different resolution as the first one, so I can keep things I want open in the background such as my email, music and IM's.
My main display runs at 1680x1050 and the new one can't handle it. I am running NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS and Window XP.

Thank you in advance for your help,

~Canadian Pirate

Advertisements

Canadian Pirate

Canadian Pirate

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Never mind, I figured it out, realized I had not updated my drivers in awhile...