Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless

• Please log in to reply

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Yeah my neighbor just got wireless i was able to connect the first day they got and use the internet. Now it sais aquiring network address under status for about 10 mins. before saing limited or no connectivity i know alot about computers and tried what i can

Advertisements

Technogeek8

Technogeek8

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Yeah

A lot of people have this problem when they first get a wireless connection. Look for a timeout setting in your network config. Some systems have a default where they timeout and reconnect. Check it out and reconnect. Let me know what happens

David

AlexR

AlexR

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Do you have permission to use their wireless network? Thay may have enabled encryption or their WAP or router may simply be switched off.

hudihoo

hudihoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
there is no security stuff installed we got a t1 connection for our whole block everyone pays part of the bill everyone connects my desktop connects but my notebook won't it just sais getting network address some times and the other times there is limited or no connectivity. It worked once. My brother set up the wireless for everyone because thats what he does for a living and he can't figure it out either.

hudihoo

hudihoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
In regards to the time out setting and reconnecting that doesn't seem to be working either. I have a 4 out of 5 bar signal strength so that is not the problem. Other obvious stuff is ok there just must be some small little thing i am forgetting about :tazz: