Now, whenever I boot up the computer, all of my desktop icons disappear and my startup menu is gone. Occaisonally a security center popup tells me that "spyware infection detected". TrojanDownloader.xs.
I googled the name of this on my wifes computer and it is a rogue antivirus software doing this. The link in the detection links to MS explorer and to websites wanting me to DL or buy antivirus software. I try to go to google.com and it lets me get there, but when I try any searches it brings up not what I want. I tried typing links to "hijackthis log" to do the log so I could post it here and it just leads me to another website.
When I boot my computer up, my current antispyware software that is legit comes up and I ran a scan of my computer. The following is a list of items that it has found. There are 133 items found so far but I will list only some of them.
1. Krepper (Krepper is a trojan that modifies website surfing to display advertising, and downloads additional threats.)
2. Nusexplorer (is a Downloader, specifically one utalized by several pornographic websites to help promote their online services.)
3. Zlob (is a back door Trojan that allows the remote attacker to perform various malicious actions on the compromised computer.)
4. Email-Worm.Win32.Warezov.dq (is a mass mailing worm that carries an infected attachment and spreads by sending a copy of itself to every email address in the ...)
10. GonnaSearch (is a program that redirects your Internet Explorer ... )
11. Browseraid_rundll16 (is a Browser Helper Object. It is a small parasite that opens pop-up advertisements - it does not include a toolbar component. ...)
12. ZenoSearch (is an adware that displays pop-up ads based on searches the user performs on ... )
13. Vundo (is a component of an adware program that downloads and displays pop-up advertisements. It is known to be installed by visiting a Web site link ...)
14. ToonComics (can secretly get into the system from several malicious web sites or come along with free ad-supported software. Its main task is to serve.)
How can I get these off of my computer? I complete the scan and quarantine the 133 or so items, and reboot, and everything stays the same, and if I run the scan again, all the items show up again. Am I doing something wrong?