Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor goes blank

• Please log in to reply

tomhalliburton

tomhalliburton

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a problem that has been intermittent, but now occurs all the time, with my LCD monitor (AOS LM928, 19"). The screen goes blank on startup after about 1 second on each display (motherboard, bios, XP, "welcome", desktop). The green monitor light stays on and the display will return, but just for 1 second, whenever I turn off the monitor then turn it back on again. I have a Radeon X700 graphics card.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Replace the monitor.

tomhalliburton

tomhalliburton

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
A SOLUTION!!! I'm new to this site and am not sure of where/how to let others know of the solution to my posted problem of my monitor screen (AOS LM928) going blank, but I must try! Today I stripped my monitor checking everything from capacitors to contacts. On reassembly, still thinking that a likely problem was some sort of power cut-off issue and, particularly, noting a plastic component directly behind the monitor control buttons, I left the thin screen surround strip off and powered up the computer. After over a year of frustrating hassles, the problem was gone! I conclude that the problem was that one of the buttons, perhaps most likely the power button or the auto button, was pressing semi-permanently against the switch behind through the plastic strip, continually triggering auto power cut-off. I would be happy to discuss this issue by email with anyone suffering from this problem; my email is e-mail removed.

Posting your e-mail in open forums is likely to get you way more correspondence than you want...e-mail harvesting bots search forums constantly.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Please be advised to other persons who read this that physically taking the monitor to pieces will invalidate any warranties that you have on the monitor. Messing inside the monitor is not a good idea as you can kill yourself instantly.