Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"VIRUS ALERT" in the toolbar, Spyware&Malware protector,

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

RedTsunami

RedTsunami

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Alright, so, SOMEHOW I got this virus, (I think I went to a bad website), and I have to get rid of it.

Now, I've got a fairly confusing problem here. When I first got the virus, the words: "VIRUS ALERT" appeared next to the clock, and the clock switched over to military time. I had "Spyware&Malware Protector" and "Privacy Protector" installed. I downloaded a program called "SmitfraudFix", which was supposed to fix the problem. The only way I was able to download the program to my computer was with a jump drive, with data from my other computer. I followed some instructions I found online. The program didn't work like it was supposed to: When I double-clicked it in safe mode, nothing would happen, when it was supposed to bring up the command prompt. Eventually, I got it to work (mostly), by using winRAR, going inside the program, and clicking one of the things inside to start it up.

It seemed a bit glitchy, though. When it was done, it was SUPPOSED to ask me to shut down the computer and then open up a txt file about what was deleted and fixed and stuff. It didn't though, and it just gave me the txt file afterwards. Unfortunently, I don't have the txt file with me anymore...

doing that didn't seem to do anything. Then I went back into safe mode, did it again, and I must have done SOMETHING different, because when I went into regular mode, the two programs were gone, and I was no longer getting annoying pop-ups about their product.

But I've STILL got problems.
The words: "VIRUS ALERT" are still next to the time, and the time has switched to military time.
I cannot see my C drive anywhere
When I hit "Start", only a few of my programs are avalible, and there is no "other programs" or "run" or anything...
I cannot get to task manager, it has been "disabled by my administrator"
I cannot go online with firefox. I double-click, nothing happens.
There are no programs being shown in "add and remove programs"

I may have more problems, but these are all the ones I am aware of. Please help!

Hijackthis log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 09:15: VIRUS ALERT!, on 7/12/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\BJCard\Bjmcmng.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\RegMgr\iviRegMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\IoctlSvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\PSIService.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Tablet.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\BJCard\BJLaunch.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\daemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WTablet\TabUserW.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony Picture Utility\VolumeWatcher\SPUVolumeWatcher.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Loader\aolload.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Mikael Myggen\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://softwarerefer...=...6Ojg5&lid=2
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAX] "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe" /tray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe" -scheduler
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NBKeyScan] "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBKeyScan.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJLaunchEXE] C:\Program Files\Canon\BJCard\BJLaunch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [28bb82fe] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ecsjyyrj.dll",b
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [autoload] C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\smss.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [autorun] C:\Documents and Settings\Mikael Myggen\smss.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [mschkdsk.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\mschkdsk.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [IndxStoreSvr_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe" ASO-616B5711-6DAE-4795-A05F-39A1E5104020
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EA Core] C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EADM\Core.exe -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools Lite] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\daemon.exe" -autorun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: .lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\msmapibx32.exe
O4 - Startup: Picture Motion Browser Media Check Tool.lnk = C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony Picture Utility\VolumeWatcher\SPUVolumeWatcher.exe
O4 - Startup: TA_Start.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\kodsrngn.exe
O4 - Startup: Think-Adz.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\twinplds.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: TabUserW.exe.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\WTablet\TabUserW.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.mi...b?1189476189375
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.mi...b?1189967518687
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: c:\windows\system32\mllmmmk.dll,avgrsstx.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Canon BJ Memory Card Manager (Bjmcmng) - CANON INC. - C:\Program Files\Canon\BJCard\Bjmcmng.exe
O23 - Service: ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762## (Bonjour Service) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: DomainService - Unknown owner - C:\Documents and Settings\Mikael Myggen\Application Data\tmp4B.tmp.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: IviRegMgr - InterVideo - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\RegMgr\iviRegMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Nero BackItUp Scheduler 3 - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PLFlash DeviceIoControl Service - Prolific Technology Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\IoctlSvc.exe
O23 - Service: ProtexisLicensing - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\PSIService.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
O23 - Service: TabletService - Wacom Technology, Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Tablet.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

--
End of file - 8949 bytes

Advertisements

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Hi,

Please go here to install the recovery console and for a guide on using combofix.
Please note: Installing the Recovery Console plays a vital part in making this process of cleaning your computer safe, don't overlook this!

Now please download combofix from here or here. It is important that you save this file to your desktop.

Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts. Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log and a Hijack This log in your next reply.

A quick heads up, if you click on combofix's window when it's running, you may cause it to stall.

RedTsunami

RedTsunami

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hi,

Please go here to install the recovery console and for a guide on using combofix.
Please note: Installing the Recovery Console plays a vital part in making this process of cleaning your computer safe, don't overlook this!

Now please download combofix from here or here. It is important that you save this file to your desktop.

Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts. Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log and a Hijack This log in your next reply.

A quick heads up, if you click on combofix's window when it's running, you may cause it to stall.

I don't know if I can download the Recovery Console. In the start menu, there's no option to "run" anything.

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Do it this way please.

Download ComboFix as instructed - do not run it yet.

Go to Microsoft's website => http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310994
Select the download that's appropriate for your Operating System.

Posted Image

Download the file & save it as it's originally named, next to ComboFix.exe.

Posted Image

Now close all open windows and programs, then drag the setup package onto ComboFix.exe and drop it. Follow the prompts to start ComboFix and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Recovery Console.

It will ask you if you want to run ComboFix - Click on yes.

RedTsunami

RedTsunami

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Do it this way please.

Download ComboFix as instructed - do not run it yet.

Go to Microsoft's website => http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310994
Select the download that's appropriate for your Operating System.

Posted Image

Download the file & save it as it's originally named, next to ComboFix.exe.

Posted Image

Now close all open windows and programs, then drag the setup package onto ComboFix.exe and drop it. Follow the prompts to start ComboFix and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Recovery Console.

It will ask you if you want to run ComboFix - Click on yes.

My computer can't go online (won't boot up firefox), so I downloaded the file to a flash drive on my other computer and put it onto the desktop from there.

I tried dragging it over, and nothing happened. I tried it with all the types of service packs too, just to make sure.

oh, also, not sure if this is impotant, but it shows up on my desktop as "ComboFix", not "ComboFix.exe"

Edited by RedTsunami, 13 July 2008 - 03:04 PM.

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Did you rename the file or something? Move the file from your flash drive to the desktop, then drag it into the combofix icon. Make sure its the SP2 one, if you were to use another service pack you may not be able to boot.

Otherwise, do you have a windows CD handy? If so just run ComboFix without installing the Recovery Console.

RedTsunami

RedTsunami

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Did you rename the file or something? Move the file from your flash drive to the desktop, then drag it into the combofix icon. Make sure its the SP2 one, if you were to use another service pack you may not be able to boot.

Otherwise, do you have a windows CD handy? If so just run ComboFix without installing the Recovery Console.

No, I didn't rename the file. It just came on like that.

AND I do have the windows xp CD, but my computer can't read it. It's like it doesn't know it's there.

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
OK,

Do you have access to another PC just in case?
Go ahead with running Combofix please.

RedTsunami

RedTsunami

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

OK,

Do you have access to another PC just in case?
Go ahead with running Combofix please.

What? I CAN'T run this on my infected computer, literally. I could use winrar and go into into and try to start it up from there, but I've heard this software is "iffy", and if I open it up wrong I could kill my whole computer...

If I double click it, nothing happens. If I try to go under Start and go to Run, I can't because "Run" isn't there.

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
OK,

You don't need winRAR for combofix - it doesn't come in any zip or rar file... you can download it here. Run it as mentioned above.

If that doesn't work do the following please.

Download ATF Cleaner to your Desktop.

• Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Click Select All found at the bottom of the list.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browser, do this also:
  • Click Firefox at the top and choose Select All from the list.
  • NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browser, do this also:
  • Click Opera at the top and choose Select All from the list.
  • Close ALL Internet browsers (very important).
  • NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Now download OTScanIt.exe to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt on your desktop.

Note: You must be logged on to the system with an account that has Administrator privileges to run this program.
  • Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.
  • Open the OTScanIt folder and double-click on OTScanIt.exe to start the program (if you are running on Vista then right-click the program and choose Run as Administrator).
  • In the Drivers section click on Non-Microsoft.
  • Under Additional Scans click the checkboxes in front of the following items to select them:
    • Reg - BotCheck
      File - Additional Folder Scans
  • Do not change any other settings.
  • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
  • Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
Use the Add Reply button and attach the file in your next post (do not try to copy/paste it into the post).

To attach a file, do the following:* Click Add Reply
* Under the reply panel is the Attachments Panel
* Browse for the attachment file you want to upload, then click the green Upload button
* Once it has uploaded, click the Manage Current Attachments drop down box
* Click on Posted Image to insert the attachment into your post

Edited by Mike, 15 July 2008 - 03:46 AM.

Advertisements

RedTsunami

RedTsunami

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

OK,

You don't need winRAR for combofix - it doesn't come in any zip or rar file... you can download it here. Run it as mentioned above.

If that doesn't work do the following please.

Download ATF Cleaner to your Desktop.

• Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Click Select All found at the bottom of the list.
If you use Firefox browser, do this also:
  • Click Firefox at the top and choose Select All from the list.
If you use Opera browser, do this also:
  • Click Opera at the top and choose Select All from the list.
  • Close ALL Internet browsers (very important).
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Now download OTScanIt.exe to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt on your desktop.

Note: You must be logged on to the system with an account that has Administrator privileges to run this program.
  • Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.
  • Open the OTScanIt folder and double-click on OTScanIt.exe to start the program (if you are running on Vista then right-click the program and choose Run as Administrator).
  • In the Drivers section click on Non-Microsoft.
  • Under Additional Scans click the checkboxes in front of the following items to select them:
    • Reg - BotCheck
      File - Additional Folder Scans
  • Do not change any other settings.
  • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
  • Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
Use the Add Reply button and attach the file in your next post (do not try to copy/paste it into the post).

* Browse for the attachment file you want to upload, then click the green Upload button

I can run ATF Cleaner (and I did), but I can't run OTScanit, it won't start when I double click it.

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Heh, looks like we are back to square one - we need some information first before I can help so let's try this

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other windows before proceeding.
  • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.
Note:These logs may be too large to post in one reply, if so, please post extra.txt in a seperate reply.

If that doesn't run,

Please RIGHT-CLICK HERE and Save As (in IE it's "Save Target As", in FF it's "Save Link As") to download Silent Runners.
  • Save it to the desktop.
  • Run Silent Runner's by doubleclicking the "Silent Runners" icon on your desktop.
  • You will receive a prompt:
    • Do you want to skip supplementary searches?
      click NO
  • If you receive an error just click OK and double-click it to run it again - sometimes it won't run as it's supposed to the first time but will in subsequent runs.
  • You will see a text file appear on the desktop - it's not done, let it run (it won't appear to be doing anything!)
  • Once you receive the prompt All Done!, open the text file on the desktop, copy that entire log, and paste it here.
*NOTE* If you receive any warning message about scripts, please choose to allow the script to run.

Edited by Mike, 16 July 2008 - 03:23 AM.

RedTsunami

RedTsunami

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Okay, here's the silent runners log...but guess what?

I had an interesting little discoverey over here. I tried to run The Dacard scanner, and it worked perfectly, and two txt files were created, but I noticed something...if I hit "save as", it took me straight to my C drive, which my computer was hiding from me. I can even explore the folders in there, but if I click the pull-down tab above that, it'll crash the txt file. Unfortunently, I could not figure out how to get the "extra" log again, so I just did it again with silent runners

"Silent Runners.vbs", revision 58, http://www.silentrunners.org/
Operating System: Windows XP SP2
Output limited to non-default values, except where indicated by "{++}"

Startup items buried in registry:
---------------------------------

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"Aim6" = ""C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp" ["AOL LLC"]
"autoload" = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\smss.exe" [file not found]
"autorun" = "C:\Documents and Settings\Mikael Myggen\smss.exe" [file not found]
"swg" = "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe" ["Google Inc."]
"mschkdsk.exe" = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\mschkdsk.exe" [file not found]
"MsnMsgr" = ""C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background" [file not found]
"ctfmon.exe" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [MS]
"IndxStoreSvr_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}" = ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe" ASO-616B5711-6DAE-4795-A05F-39A1E5104020" ["Nero AG"]
"EA Core" = "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EADM\Core.exe -silent" ["Electronic Arts"]
"DAEMON Tools Lite" = ""C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\daemon.exe" -autorun" ["DT Soft Ltd"]
"Steam" = ""C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -silent" ["Valve Corporation"]
"AdobeUpdater" = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater5\AdobeUpdater.exe" ["Adobe Systems Incorporated"]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"SoundMAXPnP" = "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe" ["Analog Devices, Inc."]
"SoundMAX" = ""C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe" /tray" ["Analog Devices, Inc."]
"NvCplDaemon" = "RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup" [MS]
"nwiz" = "nwiz.exe /install" ["NVIDIA Corporation"]
"NvMediaCenter" = "RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit" [MS]
"SunJavaUpdateSched" = ""C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
"ISUSPM" = ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe" -scheduler" ["Macrovision Corporation"]
"QuickTime Task" = ""C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime" ["Apple Inc."]
"iTunesHelper" = ""C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"" ["Apple Inc."]
"NeroFilterCheck" = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NeroCheck.exe" ["Nero AG"]
"NBKeyScan" = ""C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBKeyScan.exe"" ["Nero AG"]
"BJLaunchEXE" = "C:\Program Files\Canon\BJCard\BJLaunch.exe" ["CANON INC."]
"AVG8_TRAY" = "C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe" ["AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o."]
"28bb82fe" = "rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ultedxjh.dll",b" [MS]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
{03D0A277-78D0-47C8-9488-00A6BD765F11}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = (no title provided)
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\fccBuVMf.dll" [null data]
{43FCD2CF-5569-4208-97D2-52748E0EF6A0}\(Default) = (no title provided)
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\byXNdaxu.dll" [null data]
{473f0c48-a19f-44d0-924a-84ad895753ef}\(Default) = "{fe357598-da48-a429-0d44-f91a84c0f374}"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmkkcn.dll" [null data]
{53B5F2B1-94DD-43E5-8187-EB4E31F00701}\(Default) = (no title provided)
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\l4acdb2.dll" [file not found]
{761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "SSVHelper Class"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
{AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Google Toolbar Helper"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll" ["Google Inc."]
{AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Google Toolbar Notifier BHO"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.0.1225.9868\swg.dll" ["Google Inc."]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\
"{42071714-76d4-11d1-8b24-00a0c9068ff3}" = "Display Panning CPL Extension"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Display Panning CPL Extension"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "deskpan.dll" [file not found]
"{88895560-9AA2-1069-930E-00AA0030EBC8}" = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\hticons.dll" ["Hilgraeve, Inc."]
"{A70C977A-BF00-412C-90B7-034C51DA2439}" = "NvCpl DesktopContext Class"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "DesktopContext Class"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvcpl.dll" ["NVIDIA Corporation"]
"{FFB699E0-306A-11d3-8BD1-00104B6F7516}" = "Play on my TV helper"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "NVIDIA CPL Extension"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvcpl.dll" ["NVIDIA Corporation"]
"{1CDB2949-8F65-4355-8456-263E7C208A5D}" = "Desktop Explorer"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Desktop Explorer"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvshell.dll" ["NVIDIA Corporation"]
"{1E9B04FB-F9E5-4718-997B-B8DA88302A47}" = "Desktop Explorer Menu"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvshell.dll" ["NVIDIA Corporation"]
"{1E9B04FB-F9E5-4718-997B-B8DA88302A48}" = "nView Desktop Context Menu"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "nView Desktop Context Menu"
"{9F97547E-4609-42C5-AE0C-81C61FFAEBC3}" = "AVG8 Shell Extension"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "AVG8 Shell Extension Class"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgse.dll" ["AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o."]
"{B41DB860-8EE4-11D2-9906-E49FADC173CA}" = "WinRAR shell extension"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "WinRAR"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\WinRAR\rarext.dll" [null data]
"{B9E1D2CB-CCFF-4AA6-9579-D7A4754030EF}" = "iTunes"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "iTunes"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesMiniPlayer.dll" ["Apple Inc."]
"{0006F045-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}" = "Microsoft Office Outlook Custom Icon Handler"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Outlook File Icon Extension"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\OLKFSTUB.DLL" [MS]
"{00020D75-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}" = "Microsoft Office Outlook Desktop Icon Handler"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Microsoft Office Outlook"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\MLSHEXT.DLL" [MS]
"{42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597}" = "Microsoft Office HTML Icon Handler"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\msohevi.dll" [MS]
"{993BE281-6695-4BA5-8A2A-7AACBFAAB69E}" = "Microsoft Office Metadata Handler"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Microsoft Office Metadata Handler"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\msoshext.dll" [MS]
"{C41662BB-1FA0-4CE0-8DC5-9B7F8279FF97}" = "Microsoft Office Thumbnail Handler"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Microsoft Office Thumbnail Handler"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\msoshext.dll" [MS]
"{97F68CE3-7146-45FF-BE24-D9A7DD7CB8A2}" = "NeroCoverEd Live Icons"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "NeroCoverEdLiveIcons Class"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero CoverDesigner\CoverEdExtension.dll" ["Nero AG"]
"{E0D79304-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "WinZip"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\WinZip\wzshlstb.dll" ["WinZip Computing, S.L."]
"{E0D79305-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\WinZip\wzshlstb.dll" ["WinZip Computing, S.L."]
"{E0D79306-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"
"{E0D79307-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\
<<!>> "{43FCD2CF-5569-4208-97D2-52748E0EF6A0}" = "*i" (unwritable string)
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\byXNdaxu.dll" [null data]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad\
"WPDShServiceObj" = "{AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5}"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "WPDShServiceObj Class"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll" [MS]

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\
<<!>> "Authentication Packages" = "msv1_0"|"C:\WINDOWS\system32\fccBuVMf"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\
<<!>> byXNdaxu\DLLName = "byXNdaxu.dll" [null data]
<<!>> comprf\DLLName = "comprf.dll" [file not found]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\PROTOCOLS\Filter\
<<!>> text/xml\CLSID = "{807563E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945}"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Microsoft Office InfoPath XML Mime Filter"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL" [MS]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
AVG8 Shell Extension\(Default) = "{9F97547E-4609-42C5-AE0C-81C61FFAEBC3}"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgse.dll" ["AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o."]
Cover Designer\(Default) = "{73FCA462-9BD5-4065-A73F-A8E5F6904EF7}"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "NeroCoverEdContextMenu Class"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero CoverDesigner\CoverEdExtension.dll" ["Nero AG"]
WinRAR\(Default) = "{B41DB860-8EE4-11D2-9906-E49FADC173CA}"
WinZip\(Default) = "{E0D79304-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
AVG8 Shell Extension\(Default) = "{9F97547E-4609-42C5-AE0C-81C61FFAEBC3}"

Group Policies {policy setting}:
--------------------------------

Note: detected settings may not have any effect.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\

"NoToolbarCustomize" = (REG_DWORD) dword:0x00000001
{Disable customizing browser toolbar buttons}

"NoDrives" = (REG_DWORD) dword:0x0000000C
{unrecognized setting}

"StartMenuLogoff" = (REG_DWORD) dword:0x00000001
{unrecognized setting}

"NoStartMenuMorePrograms" = (REG_DWORD) dword:0x00000001
{Remove All Programs list from the Start menu}

"NoSetFolders" = (REG_DWORD) dword:0x00000001
{unrecognized setting}

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\

"DisableTaskMgr" = (REG_DWORD) dword:0x00000001
{Remove Task Manager}

"DisableRegistryTools" = (REG_DWORD) dword:0x00000001
{Prevent access to registry editing tools}

"NoDispCPL" = (REG_DWORD) dword:0x00000001
{Remove Display in Control Panel}

HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions\

"NoBrowserOptions" = (REG_DWORD) dword:0x00000000
{Tools menu: Disable Internet Options... menu option}

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\

"shutdownwithoutlogon" = (REG_DWORD) dword:0x00000001
{Shutdown: Allow system to be shut down without having to log on}

"undockwithoutlogon" = (REG_DWORD) dword:0x00000001
{Devices: Allow undock without having to log on}

Active Desktop and Wallpaper:
-----------------------------

Active Desktop may be disabled at this entry:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellState

Displayed if Active Desktop enabled and wallpaper not set by Group Policy:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General\
"Wallpaper" = "%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Desktop Background.bmp"

Displayed if Active Desktop disabled and wallpaper not set by Group Policy:
HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\
"Wallpaper" = "C:\Documents and Settings\Mikael Myggen\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Desktop Background.bmp"

Enabled Screen Saver:
---------------------

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\
"SCRNSAVE.EXE" = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\logon.scr" [MS]

Windows Portable Device AutoPlay Handlers
-----------------------------------------

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\

AdobePremiereCameraArrival\
"Provider" = "@"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Premiere Pro 1.5\Premiere.dll",-1000"
"ProgID" = "Shell.HWEventHandlerShellExecute"
"InitCmdLine" = ""C:\Program Files\Adobe\Premiere Pro 1.5\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe""
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Shell.HWEventHandlerShellExecute\CLSID\(Default) = "{FFB8655F-81B9-4fce-B89C-9A6BA76D13E7}"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "ShellExecute HW Event Handler"
\LocalServer32\(Default) = "rundll32.exe shell32.dll,SHCreateLocalServerRunDll {FFB8655F-81B9-4fce-B89C-9A6BA76D13E7}" [MS]

BridgeCS3ImportMediaOnArrival\
"Provider" = "Adobe Bridge CS3"
"InvokeProgID" = "Adobe.adobebridge"
"InvokeVerb" = "launch"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Adobe.adobebridge\shell\launch\command\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CS3\bridgeproxy.exe -v %1" ["Adobe Systems, Inc."]

iTunesBurnCDOnArrival\
"Provider" = "iTunes"
"InvokeProgID" = "iTunes.BurnCD"
"InvokeVerb" = "burn"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\iTunes.BurnCD\shell\burn\command\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /AutoPlayBurn "%L"" ["Apple Inc."]

iTunesImportSongsOnArrival\
"Provider" = "iTunes"
"InvokeProgID" = "iTunes.ImportSongsOnCD"
"InvokeVerb" = "import"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\iTunes.ImportSongsOnCD\shell\import\command\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /AutoPlayImportSongs "%L"" ["Apple Inc."]

iTunesPlaySongsOnArrival\
"Provider" = "iTunes"
"InvokeProgID" = "iTunes.PlaySongsOnCD"
"InvokeVerb" = "play"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\iTunes.PlaySongsOnCD\shell\play\command\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /playCD "%L"" ["Apple Inc."]

iTunesShowSongsOnArrival\
"Provider" = "iTunes"
"InvokeProgID" = "iTunes.ShowSongsOnCD"
"InvokeVerb" = "showsongs"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\iTunes.ShowSongsOnCD\shell\showsongs\command\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /AutoPlayShowSongs "%L"" ["Apple Inc."]

iviWinDVD8DVDEventHandler\
"Provider" = "InterVideo WinDVD 8"
"InvokeProgID" = "ivi.WinDVD8MediaFile"
"InvokeVerb" = "play"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ivi.WinDVD8MediaFile\shell\play\command\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\InterVideo\DVD8\WinDVD.exe" %1" ["InterVideo Inc."]

MSWPDShellNamespaceHandler\
"Provider" = "@%SystemRoot%\System32\WPDShextRes.dll,-501"
"CLSID" = "{A55803CC-4D53-404c-8557-FD63DBA95D24}"
"InitCmdLine" = " "
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "WPDShextAutoplay"
\LocalServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShextAutoplay.exe" [MS]

NeroAutoPlay8AudioToNeroDigital\
"Provider" = "Nero Burning ROM"
"InvokeProgID" = "Nero.AutoPlay8"
"InvokeVerb" = "AudioToNeroDigital_PlayCDAudioOnArrival"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Nero.AutoPlay8\shell\AudioToNeroDigital_PlayCDAudioOnArrival\command\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero Burning Rom\nero.exe /Dialog:SaveTracks %L" ["Nero AG"]

NeroAutoPlay8CDAudio\
"Provider" = "Nero Express"
"InvokeVerb" = "CDAudio_HandleCDBurningOnArrival"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Nero.AutoPlay8\shell\CDAudio_HandleCDBurningOnArrival\command\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero Burning Rom\nero.exe -w /New:AudioCD" ["Nero AG"]

NeroAutoPlay8CopyCD\
"InvokeVerb" = "CopyCD_PlayMusicFilesOnArrival"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Nero.AutoPlay8\shell\CopyCD_PlayMusicFilesOnArrival\command\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero Burning Rom\nero.exe /Dialog:DiscCopy %L" ["Nero AG"]

NeroAutoPlay8DataDisc_CD\
"InvokeVerb" = "DataDisc_CD_HandleCDBurningOnArrival"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Nero.AutoPlay8\shell\DataDisc_CD_HandleCDBurningOnArrival\command\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero Burning Rom\nero.exe -w /New:ISODisc /Media:CD %L" ["Nero AG"]

NeroAutoPlay8DataDisc_DVD\
"InvokeVerb" = "DataDisc_DVD_HandleDVDBurningOnArrival"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Nero.AutoPlay8\shell\DataDisc_DVD_HandleDVDBurningOnArrival\command\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero Burning Rom\nero.exe -w /New:ISODisc /Media:DVD %L" ["Nero AG"]

NeroAutoPlay8LaunchNeroStartSmart\
"Provider" = "Nero StartSmart"
"InvokeVerb" = "LaunchNeroStartSmart_HandleDVDBurningOnArrival"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Nero.AutoPlay8\shell\LaunchNeroStartSmart_HandleDVDBurningOnArrival\command\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero StartSmart\NeroStartSmart.exe /AutoPlay" ["Nero AG"]

NeroAutoPlay8PlayAudioCD\
"Provider" = "Nero ShowTime"
"InvokeVerb" = "PlayAudioCD_PlayMusicFilesOnArrival"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Nero.AutoPlay8\shell\PlayAudioCD_PlayMusicFilesOnArrival\command\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero ShowTime\ShowTime.exe /Play %L" ["Nero AG"]

NeroAutoPlay8PlayDVD\
"Provider" = "Nero ShowTime"
"InvokeVerb" = "PlayDVD_PlayVideoFilesOnArrival"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Nero.AutoPlay8\shell\PlayDVD_PlayVideoFilesOnArrival\command\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero ShowTime\ShowTime.exe /Play %L" ["Nero AG"]

NeroAutoPlay8RipCD\
"InvokeVerb" = "RipCD_PlayCDAudioOnArrival"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Nero.AutoPlay8\shell\RipCD_PlayCDAudioOnArrival\command\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero Burning Rom\nero.exe /Dialog:SaveTracks %L" ["Nero AG"]

NeroAutoPlay8TranscodeVideo\
"Provider" = "Nero Recode"
"InvokeVerb" = "TranscodeVideo_PlayDVDMovieOnArrival"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Nero.AutoPlay8\shell\TranscodeVideo_PlayDVDMovieOnArrival\command\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero Recode\Recode.exe /New:CopyDVDVideo" ["Nero AG"]

NeroAutoPlay8VideoCapture\
"Provider" = "Nero Vision"
"ProgID" = "Shell.HWEventHandlerShellExecute"
"InitCmdLine" = ""C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero Vision\NeroVision.exe" /New:VideoCapture"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Shell.HWEventHandlerShellExecute\CLSID\(Default) = "{FFB8655F-81B9-4fce-B89C-9A6BA76D13E7}"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "ShellExecute HW Event Handler"
\LocalServer32\(Default) = "rundll32.exe shell32.dll,SHCreateLocalServerRunDll {FFB8655F-81B9-4fce-B89C-9A6BA76D13E7}" [MS]

NeroAutoPlay8ViewPhotos\
"Provider" = "Nero PhotoSnap Viewer"
"InvokeVerb" = "ViewPhotos_ShowPicturesOnArrival"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Nero.AutoPlay8\shell\ViewPhotos_ShowPicturesOnArrival\command\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero PhotoSnap\PhotoSnapViewer.exe /" ["Nero AG"]

Startup items in "Mikael Myggen" & "All Users" startup folders:
---------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\Mikael Myggen\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
"" -> shortcut to: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\msmapibx32.exe" [file not found]
"Picture Motion Browser Media Check Tool" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony Picture Utility\VolumeWatcher\SPUVolumeWatcher.exe /nobaloononstart" ["Sony Corporation"]
"TA_Start" -> shortcut to: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\kodsrngn.exe CHD003" [file not found]
"Think-Adz" -> shortcut to: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\twinplds.exe CHD003" [file not found]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
"Adobe Gamma Loader" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe" ["Adobe Systems, Inc."]
"TabUserW.exe" -> shortcut to: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\WTablet\TabUserW.exe" ["Wacom Technology, Corp."]

Enabled Scheduled Tasks:
------------------------

"AppleSoftwareUpdate" -> launches: "C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe -task" ["Apple Inc."]

Winsock2 Service Provider DLLs:
-------------------------------

Namespace Service Providers

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
000000000001\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]
000000000002\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\winrnr.dll" [MS]
000000000003\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]
000000000004\LibraryPath = "C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mdnsNSP.dll" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]

Transport Service Providers

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
0000000000##\PackedCatalogItem (contains) DLL [Company Name], (at) ## range:
%SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll [MS], 01 - 03, 06 - 15
%SystemRoot%\system32\rsvpsp.dll [MS], 04 - 05

Toolbars, Explorer Bars, Extensions:
------------------------------------

Toolbars

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\
"{2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F}"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "&Google"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll" ["Google Inc."]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\
"{2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F}" = (no title provided)
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "&Google"

Explorer Bars

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{FF059E31-CC5A-4E2E-BF3B-96E929D65503}\(Default) = "&Research"
Implemented Categories\{00021493-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\ [vertical bar]
InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL" [MS]

Extensions (Tools menu items, main toolbar menu buttons)

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\
{08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501}\
"MenuText" = "Sun Java Console"
"CLSIDExtension" = "{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0002-ABCDEFFEDCBC}"
-> {HKCU...CLSID} = "Java Plug-in 1.6.0_02"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Java Plug-in 1.6.0_02"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\npjpi160_02.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]

{92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263}\
"ButtonText" = "Research"

{FB5F1910-F110-11D2-BB9E-00C04F795683}\
"ButtonText" = "Messenger"
"MenuText" = "Windows Messenger"
"Exec" = "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [MS]

Running Services (Display Name, Service Name, Path {Service DLL}):
------------------------------------------------------------------

##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762##, Bonjour Service, ""C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe"" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
AVG8 WatchDog, avg8wd, "C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe" ["AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o."]
Canon BJ Memory Card Manager, Bjmcmng, "C:\Program Files\Canon\BJCard\Bjmcmng.exe" ["CANON INC."]
iPod Service, iPod Service, ""C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe"" ["Apple Inc."]
IviRegMgr, IviRegMgr, "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\RegMgr\iviRegMgr.exe" ["InterVideo"]
Nero BackItUp Scheduler 3, Nero BackItUp Scheduler 3, "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe" ["Nero AG"]
NMIndexingService, NMIndexingService, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe"" ["Nero AG"]
NVIDIA Display Driver Service, NVSvc, "C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe" ["NVIDIA Corporation"]
PLFlash DeviceIoControl Service, PLFlash DeviceIoControl Service, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\IoctlSvc.exe" ["Prolific Technology Inc."]
ProtexisLicensing, ProtexisLicensing, "C:\WINDOWS\System32\PSIService.exe" [null data]
SoundMAX Agent Service, SoundMAX Agent Service (default), "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe" ["Analog Devices, Inc."]
TabletService, TabletService, "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Tablet.exe" ["Wacom Technology, Corp."]
Viewpoint Manager Service, Viewpoint Manager Service, ""C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe"" ["Viewpoint Corporation"]

Print Monitors:
---------------

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\
Canon BJ Language Monitor i475D\Driver = "CNMLM5k.DLL" ["CANON INC."]

---------- (launch time: 2008-07-16 12:42:20)
<<!>>: Suspicious data at a malware launch point.

+ This report excludes default entries except where indicated.
+ To see *everywhere* the script checks and *everything* it finds,
launch it from a command prompt or a shortcut with the -all parameter.
+ The search for DESKTOP.INI DLL launch points on all local fixed drives
took 108 seconds.
---------- (total run time: 170 seconds)

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Hi there,

Please download the OTMoveIt2 by OldTimer.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Please double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it. (Vista users, please right click on OTMoveit2.exe and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):

[kill explorer]
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\byXNdaxu.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ultedxjh.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\fccBuVMf.dll
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\\NoToolbarCustomize
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\\NoDrives
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\\StartMenuLogoff
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\\NoStartMenuMorePrograms
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\\NoSetFolders
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\\DisableTaskMgr
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\\DisableRegistryTools
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\\NoDispCPL
    emptytemp
    purity
    [start explorer]
  • Return to OTMoveIt2, right click in the "Paste List of Files/Folders to Move" window (under the light Yellow bar) and choose Paste.
  • Click the red Moveit! button.
  • A log of files and folders moved will be created in the c:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles folder in the form of Date and Time (mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log). Please open this log in Notepad and post its contents in your next reply.
  • Close OTMoveIt2
If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

Then,

Please download Runscanner to your desktop and run it.
  • When the first page comes up select Beginner Mode
  • On the next page select Save a binary .Run file (Recommended) then click Start full scan at the top.
  • At this time Runscanner.exe may request access to the Internet through your firewall please allow it to do so, it will then run for two or three minutes.
  • On completion it will ask for a location to save the file and a name. It will do this for both the .run file and the log file
  • Call the .run file "Mylog" and save it to your desktop. You will see the .run file on your desktop. Upload that file here.
    If the forum doesn't let you upload it then please zip the .run file by right clicking the file and selecting send to Zip file.

RedTsunami

RedTsunami

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
OTMoveIt2.exe is not opening for me. Should I just run Runscanner without using it?