Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware and can't run SmitfraudFix

• Please log in to reply

mike777

mike777

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello,

I'm receiving the "warning your privacy...." and "warning spyware your computer may be infected..." problems. I sometimes receive random website popups. It also seems to take over ads with the "warnings..." at sites like CNN and all locks up.

I've read through the site and found another Windows 2k user that had the same problem and I've been trying to follow those instructions.

I can't get Smitfraud to check the registry. The previous instructions say SpyBot could be blocking it and to go to Advanced and uncheck Teatimer. I couldn't find an Advanced option on SpyBot so I've uninstalled SpyBot but I'm still unable to have Smitfraud check the registry.

I've tried PC Tools Spyware Dr. and even though it found some bugs it didn't fix the main problem.

Any and all help to get this problem off my computer is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike

Edited by mike777, 12 July 2008 - 12:46 PM.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Help for these problems is given in the malware forum of Geeks to Go. Please use the link in my signature to move there.