Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dying Computer- possibly rundll32.exe?

• Please log in to reply

elphaboy47

elphaboy47

• Pip
  • 4 posts
My computer is dying- but only half of it. There are 2 accounts on my computer- the administrator and the desktop. The desktop is the more used one. My desktop account is having many issues. My account is running very slow. Whenever I open internet explorer, it will open the Charter homepage, but won't do anything else. The page will freeze. It just started freezing. Before, the bottom bar would disappear, it will look like I just turned on my computer, then an ad or two would pop up. It would also not go to some websites. It freezes now, and I will open task manager. There will be 4 or 5 rundll32.exe in it, and my CPU will be at 100%, then drop to 7%. McAfee VirusScan wont do anything, neither will Yahoo Anti-Spy. My administrator account works perfect, and that is what I am using right now. I don't know what to do. Please help me! Thank you very much!

Edited by elphaboy47, 12 July 2008 - 07:31 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I would first read this malware forum thread before going any further.

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

SRX660

elphaboy47

elphaboy47

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok. I have read it. I just would like to know, what scan sounds like it would help me most? And, I finally got back on the internet on my desktop account and after around 2 minutes I got a message about terminating program (I didn't write it down), then I got a little pop-up- RUNDLL Error loading C:/WINNT\system32/jotzra.dll The specified module could not be found. I don't know what to do, so I am back on the administrator account.

Edited by elphaboy47, 13 July 2008 - 01:03 PM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Follow SRX660s steps

elphaboy47

elphaboy47

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I am in the middle of Panda Activescan. Should I post my log when it finishes? But I don't really understand what to do, SRX660 gave me a list of things to do. What should I do with them when I finish?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
It says it all in the link as you continue on to it

Run all the scans and save their logs. Do all the steps there

If the problem persists, then post in the malware removal forum.

elphaboy47

elphaboy47

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you very much. I truly appreciate this service.