Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem installing Office Standard 2007 to Vista

• Please log in to reply

KeviMilo

KeviMilo

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I just bought a new computer with Vista Home Premium and when I tried to install my Office Standard 2007 (Upgrade Version) it told me to load my previous full version of Office. I installed my original Microsoft Office 97 Pro Edition disk and then tried to load my Office Standard 2007 again. It tells me that the path you have chosen does not point at a qualifying upgradable product. I purchased both pieces of software brand new and I am the original owner; why won't my Office Standard 2007 load on to the Vista OS?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Did the computer come with a pre-installed version of Office? If so uninstall that first.

KeviMilo

KeviMilo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No, it came with Microsoft Works 9.0 installed, no Office software was preinstalled.

makinu1der2

makinu1der2

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
I don't think that Microsoft Office 97 Pro is a qualifying product for the upgrade but Microsoft Works should be. Try looking at the two links.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943290

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933567

KeviMilo

KeviMilo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Makinu1der2 - You are a genius! Thanks so much! You were correct, the problem was with Works 9, not Office 2007 Standard. Everything is up and running perfectly. Thanks again.

makinu1der2

makinu1der2

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Glad to help.