Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Sound Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

jgallinzx

jgallinzx

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi,

Help!! I don't have sound from my pc. I've checked in device manager which doesn't flag up any yellow exclamation or question marks. I've also done the obvious things and made sure the speakers are plugged in properly and the volume isnt muted by the pc.

Hope you can help

Julie G

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
We need more information about your computer. Model? Make? what type of sound? onboard or a PCI card? Probably one of the easist methods to fix this is a new sound card install. Does the computer show any sound devices at all? Perhaps it is a matter of reinstalling the chipset drivers if it is a on-board sound device.It does not harm anything to reinstall chipset drivers.

I love the software that comes with the Audigy sound cards. There are some software i do not install from the Audigy drivers CD, tho.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16829102010

SRX660