Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GPU Overheating

• Please log in to reply

puters r a pain

puters r a pain

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
There is a message popping up saying that my GPU is running at a high temperature. The screen flickers a little and the computer beeps over and over again. I have lots of fans and cannot find a way to cool my computer anymore without getting water cooling. I checked the temps of the CPU and it was running at a low temp which means only the GPU is having cooling problems. There is still thermal glue in between the GPU and it's heatsink. I also installed the latest drivers.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Case fans will make no difference to the temperature of the graphics card if the fan on the graphics card (if it has a fan) isn't spinning. Therefore check the graphics card fan to see if its caked in dust.

ClickRight

ClickRight

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
What graphics card do you have? Also, visually inspect the card to ensure the fan is spinning when the computer is on.

puters r a pain

puters r a pain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
The fan on the GPU is spinning and it is still having these problems.