to download the HijackThis Installer
- Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
- Double-click on HJTInstall.exe to run the program.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
- Accept the license agreement by clicking the "I Accept" button.
- Click on the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
- Click "Save log" to save the log file and then the log will open in Notepad.
- Click on "Edit -> Select All" then click on "Edit -> Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
- Come back here to this thread and paste the log in your next reply.
- Do NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet! Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Please visit this web page for instructions for downloading and running ComboFixhttp://www.bleepingc...to-use-combofix
This includes installing the Windows XP Recovery Console
in case you have not installed it yet.
For more information on the Windows XP Recovery Console
Once you install the Recovery Console, when you reboot your computer, you'll see the option for the Recovery Console now as well. Don't select Recovery Console
as we don't need it. By default, your main OS is selected there. The screen stays for 2 seconds and then it proceeds to load Windows. That is normal.
Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.