Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I cant change my D-Link Wireless Router Password!

• Please log in to reply

KeddyBear

KeddyBear

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, normally when you want to create or change your wireless routers password, you just open up a browser and type in the IP Address to do it right? This is my problem and I need your help.

Im using a D-Link DWL-900AP+ Wireless Router and a
ADSL Modem.

My default gateway is 192.168.1.1 and I believe that is my Wireless Router. But when I enter 192.168.1.1 and typed admin to get in, im in my ADSL Routers gateway(Picture Attached). Not my D-Link! I cant give a picture as Im terribly lagging ..

The reason Im trying to change my password is because I found an unkown IP in my ADSL Routers Gateway. Eversince I saw that IP im lagging like [bleep]. I guess its my neighbour leeching my connection. I need your help guys!

Note : I was using my Wireless PCI card to try it. I also did try directly connecting my Wireless router but when i type in 192.168.1.1 nothing happends. Its always trying to Acquiring IP thingy ..

Don't post your external IP as people can use it for malicious goals

Edited by Rorschach112, 13 July 2008 - 02:54 PM.
Removed picture for safety

Advertisements

jrom727

jrom727

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
have you tried resetting the router?

ThunderBird89

ThunderBird89

• Pip
  • 5 posts
try connecting through a CAT5 to your router, then set your IP to static, and give yourself a random XXX.XXX.1.XXX IP(since it seems you're using 1 as the third octet). after that try typing 192.168.1.1. if it still doesn't work, disconnect your modem, set yourself to DHCP to get the IP of the router as a gateway, and try accessing it.

If all else fails, just reset it.