Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Punkbuster Problems

• Please log in to reply

Sgt.pointdexter

Sgt.pointdexter

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi I love playing games and one thing I hate is I get kicked by punkbuster I dont cheat I just join games to have fun here is my problem. When I join a punkbuster server in BF2 it loads after its done loading it verifys client data which im guessing punkbuster is checking my files I currently have PB up to date and after the client is done verifying it I get a message appear saying: NETWORK DATA CORRUPTION ERROR I have done everthing the faq has said at the punkbuster website but the problem still happens I have turned off my anti virus software and have put a exception up for BF2 on my firewall I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the problem still persists please help me I got the game to play and have fun not to get kicked from PB and not able to play online PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP.

P.S. I have a Compaq Presario windows XP and I need help also if you play BF2 you probablly know all of the servers mainly run PB and very few dont, everyone plays on PB servers and no one hardly plays on non-PB servers so thats why I want PB to work for my computer. :)

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
You can view our thread here: http://www.geekstogo...ons-t22569.html

I get that message from time to time for about the last month. Near as I can figure out, they changed something within punkbuster. I would recommend that you remove and reinstall Punkbuster services (see above thread).

What antivirus are you using?