Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Lag with Windows Media Player 11

• Please log in to reply

Uzziel86

Uzziel86

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I recently decided it was time to download a decent dvd codec for the old media player so I could start watching movies on my computer.

I went to Nvidia's website and got one of theirs, and everything is working fine except for a few minor issues.

1) The image looks somewhat grainy. I don't know if this is simply because I'm used to watching movies on a tv, and things just look different coming from a computer monitor, or maybe because you sit closer to a computer monitor than a tv, but I was wondering if there was anything that could be done to clear that up.

2) When the action in the movie starts getting hectic, and a sudden movement happens (I.E. a car zooms by, or a person makes a sudden abrupt movement) it's like the movie skips and jumps ahead a few frames like it can't keep up or something, what gives?

Computer specs...

-windows xp pro
-windows media player 11
-the codec is the Nvdia pure video decoder, (the bronze version... found here: http://www.nvidia.co...vd_decoder.html )
-Nvidia Geforce 8800 gts graphics card
-Monitor is a samsung 22 inch(widescreen) refresh set at 60 hertz
-DirectX version 9
-Drivers for the video card are current
-Windows updates are current

If anyone has even a slight fix for these, let me know. I will greatly appreciate it.

Advertisements

Uzziel86

Uzziel86

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I've tried google-ing this problem as well, but haven't found anything there either.... anyone have any clues?