Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ip probs

• Please log in to reply

liero555

liero555

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I want to host a game on age of empires 2, but when I click create room it said your internal ip address is different from your external ip address. Most ppl think that itís to do with my firewall but I donít have one. So is there a way to fix my problem or not. Thanks Fergus

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Are you connected to a router? If so, you have a firewall of sorts, since your router provides NAT.

If so, to address this issue, you need to turn on port forwarding for your router....you will need to look at your manual since it differs from router to router.

liero555

liero555

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i dont know if i am connected to a router how can i tell?