Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AntiVirusXP08 removal

• Please log in to reply

SqueakyZeeky

SqueakyZeeky

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey guys!

Im having a lot of trouble removing AntiVirusXP08 from a friends computer, it was brought round for me to fix but currently no joy whatsoever. I have read many places saying to download Malwarebytes directly to the desktop and run that. But the problem is it wont let me open up internet explorer. I have tried using various 'portable' apps directly from a USB stick but none of them have helped to resolve the problem either.

So guys how can I fix this? I cant access the internet via that PC so downloading files to the desktop is not an option. Also It will not allow me to copy files from the USB stick to the desktop and run them from there. This program is bloody malicious.

Hope someone can be of help, it will be much appreciated. Please find attached the HijackThis log

-Zeeky

Attached Files

Advertisements

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
This wont be easy if you cant get anything on the pc. Lets see what we can do. Unfortunately Hijack doesn't give us all we need anymore. And there is something amiss with your services, lets give it a whirl, also try safe mode with networking

Reboot the computer to safe mode by tapping f8 as the computer boots

To see hidden files:

1.On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options.

2.Click the View tab.

3.Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.

Please go to "start" >>"control panel" >> "add/remove programs" and uninstall the following if present, if not just proceed:

DriveCleaner 2006 Free
rhcnncj0e905
Probably wont be there

Using windows explorer please delete the following files:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pphcjncj0e905.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\flaqxk.dll

These folders:

C:\Program Files\DriveCleaner 2006 Free
C:\Program Files\Common Files\DriveCleaner 2006
C:\Program Files\rhcnncj0e905

Please rescan with Hijackthis and place a check next to the following entries:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lphcjncj0e905] C:\WINDOWS\system32\lphcjncj0e905.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SMrhcnncj0e905] C:\Program Files\rhcnncj0e905\rhcnncj0e905.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O16 - DPF: {7D5DD829-6C90-42C5-B54C-2AFA82F988BA} (CLoader Object) - http://www.antivirus...irusremover.dll
O21 - SSODL: vBQpmcVPR - {8894D969-223E-73C3-8853-2A228DE06F86} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\flaqxk.dll

Now click "Fix Checked" and close Hijackthis

See if you can post a new hijack log an if things are any better and we will work it from there

SqueakyZeeky

SqueakyZeeky

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your reply loophole, really hope you can help with this :)

Ok I did as you asked, but hit one issue, I couldn't delete flaqxk.dll as it said it was in use by another program. However there was nothing running. Any ideas on how to resolve that?

Also please find attached my second HJT log

cheers...

Attached Files

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts

k I did as you asked, but hit one issue, I couldn't delete flaqxk.dll as it said it was in use by another program. However there was nothing running. Any ideas on how to resolve that?

Probably being used by explorer.exe or another vital process. I have some tricks, did you try safemode with networking?

SqueakyZeeky

SqueakyZeeky

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey loophole,

I did all that you asked in safe-mode but not safe mode with networking. Would that help if I switched to networking? What tricks do you have to help delete flaxq.dll?

Cheers
-Zeeky

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
I was wanting to know if you could get on the internet in safe mode so we could download a few tools? I will work up something and reply in a few

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Hi again

I have tried using various 'portable' apps directly from a USB stick but none of them have helped to resolve the problem either.

So guys how can I fix this? I cant access the internet via that PC so downloading files to the desktop is not an option. Also It will not allow me to copy files from the USB stick to the desktop and run them from there.

Please kindly expound, can you download apps to a usb stick (or cd) and use them? Can you just not run them from the desktop?