Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Converting a.doc file to a .pdf one?

• Please log in to reply

dan7brit

dan7brit

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
Anyone know how I can convert a MS word .doc file to an adobe .pdf one? Thanks

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Depends on the version of Office: Office 2007 has this functionality built-in with a certain update.

If you have Adobe Acrobat installed, you will have the ability to make a PDF from the Print menu. Other programs, like CutePDF, also extend that functionality to the print menu, so instead of printing to a printer, you are printing to a PDF.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
OpenOffice will do it too.

dan7brit

dan7brit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Hi, Thanks for the suggestions. I have used Adobe acrobat 7 to convert my word document, but now find that when I review my document, the paragraphs are not alighned properly - for example, one page's text merges into the other. Anyone know how I can fix this problem? There does not seem to be a tool or function to adobe to do this!

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Load the original file into Office 2007 or OpenOffice and make a PDF from there.
Most likely culprit is Adobe misreading the file slightly since Office is quite good at inserting proprietary garbage into files.