Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recover deleted files

• Please log in to reply

ColtsFan18

ColtsFan18

• PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
My daughter was adding music to her new Zune, she accidentally left the box checked for "Delete files after transfer" so ya'll just KNOW what happened next... anyway through the tears she found a program called GetData, it's a $60.00 program, but it claims to recover lost, missing and deleted files. There is an online test run where it shows everything it found which was everything that she wants back, but you must buy the program to actually get the music back. If it were a few songs it would be one thing, but there are over 1,200 songs that got blown away and doing it through LimeWire will take forever, which is where she got most of them in the first place. I'm open to any suggestions on other programs or if anyone here knows of a way to find them (IF they still exist) please tip me off. They are all still in her Windows Media Player library but of course it can't locate the song to play it, they are just listed there. Is there a purgatory area in the machine that I can access to try and find the lost tunes?

Edited to provide link to GetData website:

http://www.getdata.com/

Edited by ColtsFan18, 14 July 2008 - 04:53 PM.

Advertisements

adam pearce

adam pearce

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
You could try FreeUndelete:
http://www.officerec...te/download.htm

Never used it myself but I think a friend of mine did with good results.

ColtsFan18

ColtsFan18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
I saw that program in the other thread, tried it and either I can't get it to work or it isn't finding anything. I'm not sure if it finds music files. Thanks for the reply :)

Lloyd_01

Lloyd_01

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Recovery of files can be done by using Data Recovery Software that is available in the market. Once, I accidentally deleted some of my important files from my system that included photo, video and document files in it. Later on, my friend suggested me to use advanced Data recovery software. I used a advanced software, which helped me in recovering my deleted data. You too can download the free-to-try software and check for the recovery results. All the best :thumbsup: