Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer.exe

• Please log in to reply

Smokin Aces

Smokin Aces

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi i have recently just formatted my PC, i have been running Windows Vista for years now and not had any major problems.

But the other day i was trying to install photoshop cs3 , when the installation prompted me to shutdown firefox & internet explorer,
i thought to myself that's a bit weird as i do not use Internet explorer.

So i opened task manager and went to the process tab, where i noticed there were 2 processes of iexplorer.exe running. When i try to end these processes it allows me to kill one but not the other and then after a couple of seconds the one i just killed reappears.

i am running the latest adware 2008 and done full scan and result was nothing
i am running the latest Kaspersky internet security and done a full scan and the result was nothing

These processes are still there

and i cannot install photoshop until these are gone.

Any help on this matter would be very much appreciated. :)

Attached Thumbnails

• 15_07_2008_09_44_42.jpg
  • 15_07_2008_09_44_42.jpg

Edited by Smokin Aces, 15 July 2008 - 02:54 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
This is usually malware trying to access the internet. Please go to the malware forum and see if you are clean first.

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

SRX660