Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE7 and Firefox get certificate errors on most webpages

• Please log in to reply

Fishmonger

Fishmonger

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi all. Recently both of my browsers have been playing up, whenever I try to go to a site they both say that the certificate has expired, or firefox sometimes says that it can not be accessed because "The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.", which it says for sites like paypal, ebay and hotmail. I have to add exceptions to every site that involves logging in in some way, and sometimes it does it on websites without login boxes aswell. And the format of the log in pages is all screwed up, like the html is not being read correctly, just a white background and the log in boxes, i'll attatch a picture;

Posted Image

And ideas? This weird formatting generally occurs on pages where I have to log in to something, and its kinda unnerving as all these security messages keep going off telling me to stop as the webiste is not trusted. My friend says it may be related to my router or my firewall (or rather my routers firewall?) but I dont know how to check these. I have cleared all my cookies, cache and history from both browsers.

Any help apprectiated, thanks in advance :)

Advertisements

Fishmonger

Fishmonger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
........bump..........

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
If your topic has been unreplied to for longer than three days, please post a topin in the Waiting Room with a link to the original post, and we'll have somebody take a look at it.

Is your system time set correctly, time, date, and DST?

Fishmonger

Fishmonger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

If your topic has been unreplied to for longer than three days, please post a topin in the Waiting Room with a link to the original post, and we'll have somebody take a look at it.

Is your system time set correctly, time, date, and DST?

OK, I didn't realise that. Maybe i was a little brash with by brevity there just saying 'bump', its hard to say something in a polite or happy way on the internet, single word posts should always be avoided I have learnt. :)

I never thought about the system date before. that could be why it says most webpages are out of date. Good thinking. I'll check tomorrow when I have acces to the computer in question. Thanks.