Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

S-Video Out

• Please log in to reply

Jennifer18

Jennifer18

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi Guys,
On my notebook I have a s-video out thingy. I also have an RCA projection television that has an s-video thingy too. I bought a cord, plugged it in on both ends, turned it on, tried all pf the different 'video 1, video 2' etc on the TV, but nothing works. Am I missing something? Do I have to configure something on my TV/notebook in order to get it to work first?

Thanks! :tazz:

Advertisements

awddrifter

awddrifter

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Usually for s-video, you right-click on the desktop, select properties, then select the settings tab, and click the advanced button, and there should be some options there.

For me, I use s-video to my TV off a nvidia geforce 4 ti4200 video card, and I ended up installing a piece of software from the nividia site, so that whenever i right-click on the desktop, i have a new option "NVIDIA Analog Display", and in there i can configure my s-video settings, im not sure if this will be the same for you. Then fiddle with the video settings on the projection tv.

Sorry im not much help... I think if you posted what video card you had it would help the more knowledgeabe members on the forum help you. I'm just a noob myself and you probably shouldn't listen to be, but listen to the forum staff :tazz:

Jennifer18

Jennifer18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I love you!! :tazz:
I had no idea, I thought this stuff was "plug and play" and didnt think to mess around with those settings. I am now sitting on my couch and looking at my new 62 inch monitor ;) thanks babe!

I'm trying to setup my desktop computer now, playing around with the settings. I'll let you know how that goes. ;)