Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer is infected with malware, can someone help me out

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BoPeterson

BoPeterson

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
im trying to fix a friends computer and it is infected with malware i think. on the desktop it says WARNING! Spyware detected on your computer! Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer. the desktop is all blue with the yellow box in the middle with the previous message. i go to the desktop properties and the desktop tab is gone. the start menu/task bar is also gone, along with the default, my computer and my documents, icons on the desktop. the computer is an older machine with windows xp proffesional on it. ive seen some topics on this same problem, but really didnt get what to do to fix it. the windows installer is also messed up somehow and when i tried to install windows installer 3.1 it had an error. oh yeah i also cant get the infected computer to connect to the internet, so im on my computer. if anyone can help id greatly appreciate it, thanx

BO

Edited by BoPeterson, 17 July 2008 - 01:15 AM.

Advertisements

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Duplicate topic.
Closed.