Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem with Dell latitude D610 Charger

• Please log in to reply

the_punisher

the_punisher

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello, I have a dell latitude D610, its working great and I love it but sometime it can be a real pain.

It will be working fine and will be connected to ac power source and just like that it disconnects and tells me that the charger has been disconnected and the laptop is now running on batteries, which are discharging, where as I have not disconnected the charger.

And the strange thing is that when I double click my battery, the total battery remaining shows as 4236.7 Hours.

K and then by itself whenever it feels like it starts working again, I do not move the laptop nor do I disconnect it from the ac power supply, it just starts working again. sometimes it reconnects when the battery has completely discharged and sometimes it starts working when the battery has fallen to 17% or 20%.

Is this a common problem with d610?

help please.

does anyone else have this

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Nope, not a common problem.

Does this happen with another AC adapter? What AC adapter are you using?

the_punisher

the_punisher

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
yes the same thing on another ac charger.

im using this charger http://accessories.u...p;mfgpid=167580

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
If the same thing happens on a different charger, contact Dell Technical Support via Chat or Phone (800-624-9896). It looks like your motherboard needs to be replaced.