HELP PLEASE AVG Problems-long
Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:15 PM
Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:19 PM
1. Download & save the latest AVG Free installation package from http://free.grisoft.com
2. Run the AVG Free install file
3. Choose the Uninstall option and follow the setup wizard, when you get to the part to remove user settings, select it.
4. Restart your computer then...
5. Now reinstall AVG using the setup file you got in step 1 and update it.
If your OS is Win Vista also have a look @ this Sticky post [freeforum.avg.com].
Download the install file to your computer... do not ever try to run from the internet as that will always cause issues. We also recommend that you do not run if from a directory with spaces in the name.. such as your Desktop or My Documents folders.
Many users don't disable the other protection programs as they should so they can stop AVG from installing properly.... this can stop AVG from adding in its required startup items. We always recommend temporarily disabling before installing....& restart the computer twice before re-enabling.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users