Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't boot from XP CD!

• Please log in to reply

nitric

nitric

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I used to do this all the time but now I can NOT boot from XP CD! I went into my BIOS and set my boot priority #1 to CD ROM. When I restart my PC and it prompts Press Any Key To Boot From CD...I press Enter, Space etc and it doesn't boot! What am I doing wrong? I need help! thanks

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello nitric

This could be one of many errors, lets see if we can try and eliminate them :)

• When did this first happen?
  • What were you doing before this started to happen?
  • Is the disc full of scratches?
  • Have you tried to boot off another cd?
Regards

nitric

nitric

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hello nitric

This could be one of many errors, lets see if we can try and eliminate them :)

• When did this first happen?
  • What were you doing before this started to happen?
  • Is the disc full of scratches?
  • Have you tried to boot off another cd?
Regards

It happen when I tried reformatting after a year.
Well i got a BSOD and whenever I signed into my account it gave me a BSOD after 10-15 seconds. SO i reformatted through the desktop (going into teh admin setting) and I couldn't partition teh C HDD because XP files were written on there. So i continued to install and I have previous files from C in my computer on top of a fresh new XP. I want to completely reformat and doing that I need to boot from start up? and I only have one XP CD