Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Files

• Please log in to reply

ajrichwalder

ajrichwalder

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
so here it is I have a polaroid i834 8.0 megapixels along with camera came a driver disc.I install the driver works but the disc has other files to help edit photos and videos you will make with camera. The first one ArcSoft Photostudio 5.5 works perfectly. Then theres ArcSoft Video Impression 2. Thats works the first time. Then My computer lost files in another driver.Nothing would work(Note: This happend about three months ago)So I did some repair Re-installed windows and put in a new floppy drive and Modem while I was at it.I re-installed all of my previous files that were on my hard drive before.So I go in to re-install the driver for my camera and the other programs and Video Impression downloads to 34% then gets stuck on one file. It was a practice video wedding.vid or something like that and crashed the computer is there any solution to get this to stop occuring

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Have you got enough memory and hard drive space to edit videos? That would be the first thing to check.

ajrichwalder

ajrichwalder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
so I have to go into my BIOS to check how much memory I have left or what?because again it worked the first time around

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If you're on win98 or ME you likely have a machine with very little memory, and over time with updates and added programs less and less is available for running applications. And video editing applications are very memory and machine intensive. You can right click on My Computer and choose properties to see how much memory you have in the machine. You should open My Computer and right click on C: to find out how much free hard drive space you have. Look at what the requirements are for the programs you are trying to run, but also report those figures here so we can see how suitable your machine is.

If you can pick up some second hard memory cheaply, maybe from an old computer, you might want to upgrade anyway.

ajrichwalder

ajrichwalder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
okay them heres the statistics I found a minute a go Local Disk C:'s capacity is 9.51 GB used a bit over 1Gb including past programs in the registry,128 MB's of RAM,79% of that free,32-bit file system,32-bit virtual memory.And on the disc I have it says all progrmas work for Win98/WinME/Win2000/WinXp/ and Mac all versions

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
OK, it sounds like you could use more memory. Go to the machine maker's site for your model and see how much memory can be put into the machine, it will usually be 256 or 512mb for machines of that vintage. Try to get some good used memory of the right specs for it, if you get new memory it will cost more than the machine is worth.

However sometimes editing software will write very large uncompressed files to the hard drive temporarily, so you may be running out of hard drive space. In which case you would need a much larger hard drive too.

ajrichwalder

ajrichwalder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
I did find my series of computer can get 512 MB's of RAM which is good but the Hard disc I highly doubt its need bigger Cause the disc says ME on it so it can perform under these conditions