Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office Word 2007 freezes, crashes on Vista

• Please log in to reply

chalk

chalk

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Without warning, Microsoft Word stopped working on my new laptop.

I had written something and then tried to save, and Word froze up and crashed. I had to restart it, and it had saved my old work. Half the time I could open that old work but was unable to save it, and half the time I couldn't access it.

At the moment, it's possible to open a saved document, but impossible to edit and save it without crashing the program. I can open new documents and type, and do basic things like bold the text, insert symbols, and create tables. However, if I try to save, Word automatically goes to (not responding) and can't be worked with.

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite U305 with a Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium operating system (Service Pack 1). I bought the Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote). I'm not very good with computers but I'll do my best to keep up. :) Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

3quilibrium

3quilibrium

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
I would say your best bet would be to first try and run the office updates here http://office.micros...1321101033.aspx and see if that doesn't resolve your issue. If that doesn't work, I would just reinstall the Office suite.

chalk

chalk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for your response. I already have the Office Service Pack downloaded on my computer, so that did not fix the issue. Sorry to be slow, but how do I reinstall the Office Suite? Do I remove the whole program from Add/Remove Programs and then I can just reuse the old cd?

3quilibrium

3quilibrium

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Correct