Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Text Alignment Issue in FF?

• Please log in to reply

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
OKay Slight problem here, when I use firefox and in forms to be exact the text either lags or does not show up in the text box. making it difficult to spell or speak somewhat coherently.

I have tried updating FF to 3.0 but it crashes on me and I am forced to use FF 2.0.0.16

I have submitted a bug about it but i dont think that itt is FF fault.

I think it has to do with either the GFX card or the software on this computer

PS this computer is a mac

Following Specs
nVidia geforce 2 mmx 32meg
1x 120 gig hd
1x 80 gig hd
PowerPC
G4 digital media edition (466mhz cpu) I am looking at upgrading to the 1.4 ghz model cpu
896 Mgs SDRAM
Mac OS X 10.4 (latest version)

Any ideas how to fix this?

Also on forum sites the tail end of the link is not there (IE the underlined sections of it)

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Don't quite remember, but have you tried turning off "Search for text when I start typing" or "Check my spelling as I type"? Its in Tools>Option>Advanced tab, then the General sub-tab. Could be an add-on conflict. Have you tried running Firefox 2.0.0.16 in its Safe Mode?

Ron

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
I will try disabling the check spelling as I type. As this problem only occurs when I am typing in large reply / start topic text areas on forum sites like this one. Right now I am using Safari.

How do I launch it in safe mode?

Also why would fire fox 3.0 not launch on mac os x 10.4.11?

Thanks for the help in advanced

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Safe Mode
Firefox 3 crashes immediately upon opening on Mac OS X 10.4
[MAC] firefox 3 crashing every time on launch, regardless

What Apple has to say about FF3 :): Mozilla Firefox 3.0

Seems like people have different causes of conflicts with FF3.

Ron

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Well I decided to upgrade the mac today. I had my new copy of 10.5 sitting on my shelf for the past 2 months debating on installing/upgrading the OS.

So far it has made a huge difference the text is displaying correctly in FF now and 3.0 loads with out issues.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
That's good news. Thanks for posting back your solution. Support for FF 2.0.0.xx ends mid-December, 2008 so all will be recommended to use FF 3 anyway. I'm keeping my 2.0.0.15 until it dies. :)

Ron

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
hehe

Firefox has security, speed and new features that will change the way you use the Web. Don’t settle for anything less.

(emphasis added)
Anybody else find it funny that they ship Safari?