Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Data Recovery

• Please log in to reply

Zero_Regret

Zero_Regret

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I was transferring data from my computer to my memory stick and while doing so, windows explorer ran into an error. I am no longer able to access my memory stick and every time I try to open it, it asks me to format it. Is there any way I can recover the files from it? Thanks.

Advertisements

peter99

peter99

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
Have you tried properties tools in windows explorer

Error checking and defrag
See picture

Attached Thumbnails

• pen.JPG

Zero_Regret

Zero_Regret

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yea I've tried that. When I click start for checking errors nothing happens... it just does nothing.

Zero_Regret

Zero_Regret

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Anyone else have any suggestions? I'm getting worried that I may never recover my data.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
you could try data recovery software or try the memory stick on another computer.... if the stick doesn't show up on any computer though you may not be able to recovery anything short of pro data recovery shop ( such as Ontrack )

good luck...

( I've used data recovery software from runtime systems ie getdataback.. with some success but don't know if they have anything for memory sticks....