Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 7

• Please log in to reply

terriom

terriom

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I am wondering when I click on internet options > settings > view files I am just getting cookies and no details. I usually see a detailed list when i click on the 'view files' but today I didn't see a detailed list, only a bunch of cookies ( notepad type text files file with a bunch of numbers letters and characters ). Someone else was on my computer today and I went in the internet options box to see whats been going on and thats all I saw. So why didn't I get the detailed list and only the cookies?
How can I change this to not let this happen again? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance
Btw, great site here
Terri

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I suspect that they emptied the temp files when they got done using your computer.

terriom

terriom

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi and thanks for reply. Just as I suspected. I downloaded a freeware recovery tool but it only shows my most recent activity and not the day before ( the day in question) and it didnt let me scan again.

Is there another good software out there you recommend ? I read somewhere that you can get ALL (history, email and even passwords) and not just the most recent. Either freeware or commercial. Just looking for something reliable and not expensive and can be used over and over not just one time. Do you know of any sources ?

Thanks again
Terri